Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I need nursing bra suggestions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450187)

3rdontheway 06-09-2008 08:00 AM

I need nursing bra suggestions

I know its probably not a good idea but I am going to order a bra online. The closest store is over an hour drive away so thats not happening. I would thoughts on great tips on a nursing bra, I have 2 from motherhood and hate them. I need underwire and these are not and they give a uniboob :giggle: I would prefer not to spend a fortune, maybe under $40.

TIA

proudmommaof4 06-09-2008 08:27 AM

Re: I need nursing bra suggestions

Honestly, my fav. nursing bra's came from Burlington Coat Factory and only cost $10.

crystalanne79 06-09-2008 08:29 AM

I was a huge fan of Bravado. I was a pre-preggo A the first time and a pre-preggo C the second time. I have friends that were bigger though and they didn't like the Bravado for bigger sizes.

slaferriere@berklee.net 06-09-2008 08:40 AM

all mine come from walmart - announcements brand. nak

EmmysDiscoMomma 06-09-2008 08:42 AM

I would recommend a size larger in the cups than you usually wear and the diameter too. I usually wear 34C, I wear a 36 D in nursing bra. AND NO UNDERWIRE!

kadas33 06-09-2008 08:45 AM

I love my Medela nursing bras. They don't have underwire, but they are still very supportive and super comfy.

1happymama 06-09-2008 08:47 AM

My favorite this time around came from Target. They're not underwire but they are very supportive and a little sexier than others I've had. :blush:
*But this one didn't work well for the initial "milk's just in" time period...great after the first week or so though.

Gerdgrid 06-09-2008 08:48 AM

Medela makes an underwire model that's under $40, I believe. Underwire gets a bad rap sometimes, I've never had a problem with it but I've always made sure my bras were properly fitted. Soft cup bras just don't look as good under clothes!

Dee 06-09-2008 08:50 AM

The bras I love are Bravado. My favorite is $45 and my second favorite is $35. Neither one of them have underwire, which I know you said you wanted but I still wanted to suggest them because these bras cover several different band and cup sizes per size of bra. I also used to love underwire and thought I needed it until I found these bras. I have gigantic breasts when my milk comes in and for at least six months and I adore these bras. Right now I have the body silk seamless and no uniboob, it's nice. I also have only a D cup right now due to pregnancy and it still fits and it's very comfortable. I think it's worth it because it covers several sizes so you won't have to buy several different bras over your breastfeeding realationship. Good luck!

melissalots 06-09-2008 09:02 AM

Mine came from Target and you can order them online. The brand is Gilligan & O'Malley and there are several styles. They also make nursing tanks that are super comfy and you can layer them under things. The bras I really loved were the cotton ones because they were supportive, easy to care for, and fit a pretty wide cup range. They are about 10-14 dollars each.