Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   what do you freeze your milk in? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828948)

Nikki*lala 09-07-2009 02:10 PM

what do you freeze your milk in?

I just pumped 4oz today and it is now in the fridge in the pumping bottle, My friend gave me the pump (she used it once) but there is no cap for the bottle. I need to go to the store. What should I get the bags? or the cups? or just sandwich bags? I am only pumping a little to freeze for when/if I need it.

can I freeze in glass bottles?

Nikki*lala 09-07-2009 05:41 PM

Re: what do you freeze your milk in?

anyone? no one freezes their milk???

K-Murph 09-07-2009 05:42 PM

The Lansinoh bags are very popular because they're cheap, sturdy, and can freeze flat. That's what I use. :goodvibes: Walmart carries them, so they're easy to get, as well.

sempermelfo 09-07-2009 08:46 PM

yes you can freeze in the glass evenflo bottles! edited to add- they need to have a top though.

MamaWillow 09-07-2009 09:39 PM

We freeze in glass jelly jars, like the kind you would buy if you were going to make jam. I don't like plastic, and these are sturdy enough to not break if we carry them around with us. Just go to the canning section, and you should be able to find them. They come a dozen to a box and they are only somewhere around $6.

Nikki*lala 09-07-2009 11:38 PM

thanks, I put todays in a sandwich bag, I need to go out tomorrow and I will get something better for future pumping!!

mommyluvs222 09-07-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikki*lala (Post 8330689)
thanks, I put todays in a sandwich bag, I need to go out tomorrow and I will get something better for future pumping!!

I use to use the lansinohs as well. :goodvibes:

Since you used a sandwich bag you may want to double bag it just to keep it well sealed :thumbsup:

Gardyloo 09-08-2009 12:27 AM

I always used the Lansinoh bags. They lay flat and take up less room in the freezer. Plus, when it's time to use it, you just run it under warm water and it thaws really quick!

Brooke24 09-08-2009 12:32 AM

I store mine in the Gerber Seal n Go. They are nice because they have a ziploc. Are easy to store a thaw. Glass is great too. I use jelly jars for my DH's food.

bluedove 09-08-2009 04:49 AM

I use the Lansinoh bags as well.
I'd be concerned about using sandwich bags... they aren't made for that purpose and might not be safe.