Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S/O kids and fake tattoos (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212036)

DalesWidda 05-15-2011 09:14 PM

S/O kids and fake tattoos

I was in the tattoo thread and it got me thinking. What do you all think of kids having fake tattoos? I'll refrain from speaking my mind as of yet so I can get some honest answers here.

Clare378 05-15-2011 09:21 PM

Re: S/O kids and fake tattoos

My kid loves getting them. It makes me look horrible as a parent, mainly because after a week it looks like a bruise. :blush: But if it makes her 5yo heart happy, so be it.

UnderTheStars 05-15-2011 09:23 PM

I don't like 'em, I don't hate 'em. I guess it's better than drawing on yourself with a Sharpie or attempting to use an eraser like we used to do back in our young school days. :blush:

katesmash 05-15-2011 09:26 PM

I don't mind 'em at all. In fact we included them in goodie bags for our 1 year old's birthday party, and both of my kids got one on their arm. Once they started wearing off after a few days, we took them off with baby oil.

DalesWidda 05-15-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeinstarrz (Post 12945151)
I don't like 'em, I don't hate 'em. I guess it's better than drawing on yourself with a Sharpie or attempting to use an eraser like we used to do back in our young school days. :blush:

yup, we always drew on ourselves with pen.

happysmileylady 05-15-2011 09:28 PM

I have no issues with them. DH and I have pretty visible tattoos, and plan to get more when we can afford them, so it would be silly, I think, to tell my kids they can't have their own kid appropriate too.

crazylife 05-15-2011 09:29 PM

I've bought my boys funny little pirate ones (aaargh, matey! with some goofy pirate) and Thomas ones before. They are now 5 but this was when they were 2 and 3. My nieces (around age 12) had really intricate roses & skulls and dragon ones on their upper arms (not the cheapo ones like I bought but around $10+). It was before they got all boy-crazy, but if their parents were letting them put ones on their low back, etc...I guess that'd be a little weird. IDK, it's fake, it washes off, I guess it's not a huge deal to me...

DalesWidda 05-15-2011 09:32 PM

My question is does anyone think that fake tattoos actually promotes real tattoos? Kind of like fake makeup or candy cigarettes?

Hillargh 05-15-2011 09:37 PM

To me, it's no different than drawing or face paint. I don't think it encourages actual tattooing later on in life like some do. (I mean honestly, I loved my face painted as a tiger, but I never wanted it tattoo'd on. Nor would I ever want spongebob on my arm haha) To me, it's just kids having fun with stickable art :)

My sister used to do henna art on us all when we were little. I loved it. I felt like a little princess with my swirly drawn on bracelets and ring designs :giggle:

Sent from my myTouch 3G Slide using DS Forum

5PrincessMommy 05-15-2011 09:39 PM

I don't mind them.