Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fully vaxing families? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409508)

MyLovely 06-20-2012 03:00 PM

Fully vaxing families?

Any out there? I'm starting to think they're as common as unicorns on DS :giggle: Given all the anti-vaccination threads that abound, I'm curious to see the other side here!

Fully vaxed (adult) family here, planning all vaccines (except delaying hep b to the teen years) for kiddos to come :goodvibes:

Oh, and fully vaccinated pets as well :thumbsup:

sunshine_mama 06-20-2012 03:02 PM

My kids are all vaxed on schedule.

GreenDahlia 06-20-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Fully vaxing families?

My DDS are both fully vaccinated. Both my husband and I are as well.

isaacsmum 06-20-2012 03:04 PM

I think there are more here than you might realize. My kids are fully vaxed on schedule, and DH and I are up to date as well.

EmilytheStrange 06-20-2012 03:07 PM

Yep.

Although me and DD don't do flu. Hubby has no choice, he's military.

I might space them out a bit more though if we ever have another LO. The 12month shots were too much at once and she really felt it.

Hungry Caterpillar 06-20-2012 03:09 PM

We are fully vaxed for myself, DH, grandparents, and aunts and uncles.
My son is fully vaxed except for the 3rd in the rotovirus series, as he unfortunately came down with rotovirus before the series could be completed and the doctor said that negated finishing the series.

I had a disproportionate reaction to a flu vaccine in college and my husband has never had one. We haven't decided on flu yet.

editrix 06-20-2012 03:09 PM

All of us are vaxed on schedule too (even the dog). I even got an MMR booster the same time DD got her first needles because they discovered I didn't have the antibodies or whatever.

diana51 06-20-2012 03:11 PM

We are fully vaxed. I did delay the 1st hep B shot (the one given at the hospital) but that backfired because it ended up being documented that it was given although the nurse didn't think it was. So she may have gotten one of the Hep B 2x. I was not impressed with this hospital.

TS8213 06-20-2012 03:11 PM

My family is fully vaxed as well. I did delay the chicken pox vax with both of my children until they started Kindergarten (and had to have them for entrance), but that's only because there are a few vaccines that I don't truly believe are necessary. (Like chicken pox and flu).

I only ever got the flu vax once, and that was in Oct of last year. Shortly after that I had my 2nd tri miscarriage. I will never again get the flu vax.

eta: I should add that I work at a hospital and the only reason I got the flu vax this last go around was because I didn't want to be 8 months pregnant and having to wear a mask for 12 hours/day.

HeatherlovesCDs 06-20-2012 03:12 PM

We are too....when we get to the dr for our well visits on time. :blush: My kids are behind, but it isn't because I want them to be. It's because it's hard to get 5 kids 6 and under to the ped for well visits on time. I'm planning to call in the next day or 2 to get them all caught up.

I'm pretty much vaxed. I don't get the flu unless I am pregnant and the OB pushes it. :giggle: My husband gets it at work though because he works at a hospital and it's required. My kids get it if they happen to go to the dr. around that time. I don't make special visits to get it.

I think there are more vaxed on here than it seems like. I know I stay quiet because I am not interested in the drama or anyone's opinion about it. :)

3 ladybugs 06-20-2012 03:12 PM

We are fully vaccination family. I even insist on Hep B early as my sister (currently 8 years old) has it. My DH normally doesn't get the flu shot but that is because he normally has a hard time going to a PCP just to get it. If they offer it at work, he takes it though. We are fully on schedule though.

z2akids 06-20-2012 03:13 PM

I am a fully vaxed adult. I used to skip influenza, but as a nursing student they were required and I anticipate the hospital requiring them of the nursing staff this fall. So, I expect to remain fully vaxed. Even got my Hep series as an adult because it wasn't part of my schedule as a child in the 70s.

I make sure that DH keeps up on his Tdap, but leave him alone about influenza.

My kids are pretty much fully vaxed. Influenza is one we go back and forth on. Some years they get it, some years we just don't get around to it. My kids all were infants/toddlers during the off market time for rotovirus, so they did not get that one. And, I just postponed HPV for my 11 year old son, at least for the time being.

Mac & Cheeses mom 06-20-2012 03:14 PM

Fully vax family here. We even get the flu.... DH gets pneumonia vax too. I had to get the MMR in my 20's because I didn't have rubella apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

nrsenadenos 06-20-2012 03:16 PM

We pretty much are. The only thing is that we are only doing one shot per month with the baby (because her brother had a reaction)...but we plan on doing all of them so by 2 or so she will be fully caught up. And we only do flu shots for DS1 (because he's high risk due to his asthma).

Fishie Kisses 06-20-2012 03:19 PM

We decline Chicken Pox and Flu...other than that we are fully vaxed on schedule as well :)

willownz 06-20-2012 03:20 PM

Fully vaxed here too but on the Nz schedule which is different. Rotavirus and chicken pox are optional so we don't do that (they are not free) and flu is only free for high risk so only my asthmatic son gets it. Hepatitis b is only required if you are at risk.

Kiwl Mum of three.

Wanderlust 06-20-2012 03:22 PM

Whole family is vaxed and on schedule. Sometimes it's a little late if we can't get an appointment for their well baby right away

misskira 06-20-2012 03:22 PM

We are. I spread them out just enough that I can see if there is a reaction so I know which one they reacted to (so far none) but we do fully vax. Our ped works with me to prioritize based in risk and we do those first, eventually catching up by the 3 year well check. We also do flu shots. We are in an area with a high no vax rate, I'm a public school teacher, we do foster care, ds1 went to daycare and now 2 different preschools... I feel the exposure here is too high not to vax.

merriemoses 06-20-2012 03:22 PM

Fully vaccinated!! (hep a. delayed though)

hilaryisinked 06-20-2012 03:25 PM

We are. We are currently catching DD1 up as we didn't vaccinate her after 4 months. We decided to fully vaccinate again right before we had DD2.

DCAMama 06-20-2012 03:25 PM

Fully vaxed family here. DS3 gets the flu shot, but he's the only one because he happened to have a well-baby appointment and she asked. I don't think he'll be getting ti this year, though because he doesn't go for antoher appt until Feb. It's tough to take time off work (losing the pay and dealing with a crabby witch because she can't leave early). The only thing the older 2 never got was for the chicken pox, only because it was fairly new and I knew nothing about it.

Tina5834 06-20-2012 03:58 PM

We are all fully vaxed on schedule. Except I intend on delaying the HepB for my newb.

ETA: We don't do gardasil or the flu vax.

hibiscus869 06-20-2012 03:58 PM

We are fully vaxed too, on schedule. Never done the flu though, and no gardisil.

nicolemariep 06-20-2012 04:12 PM

We are fully vaxxed, on schedule. We now do flu shots for the whole family every year too. We didn't do flu shots until this year because last year my whole family caught Influenza A (vaccine preventable) and the baby had to be hospitalized. That was the deciding factor, we now do flu shots because the flu is scary too.

I not only vaccinate, but I am a firm believer and supporter of the importance of vaccination. Vaccines save lives and I :wub: them. :giggle:

MyPerfectLife 06-20-2012 04:50 PM

We fully vax! We have a spread out schedule but we get 'em all. Some years flu, some not. It hasn't made a difference in whether I get the actual flu or not...one of the years I got a different strain despite the vax and most years not getting the vax I've not gotten the flu anyway. DH likes for kids to get flu shots so mostly we do.
Anecdotal, but DD2 got Hib meningitis when we got behind on her vax schedule ...3 weeks of hospital he!! and lasting problems to boot...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum

FernHollow 06-20-2012 04:58 PM

We were previously a non-vaxing family but will be catching all of our kids up in the next year, except for my 6yo who cannot get vaccines due to a health issue. I had a big change of heart about the subject in the last couple months (long story). I actually just got my Tdap booster yesterday when I was at the doctor. :)

tusheez 06-20-2012 05:01 PM

We fully Vax. I delayed one set a few months. The only one I may or may not do is the gardisil one they recommend when DD is older. I have some time to think about that though. :goodvibes: Our pedi office does tell you what and when is due and explain and you make the decision.

dncegrl 06-20-2012 05:03 PM

Fully vaxing family here! Including pets. We used to get the flu regularly too- mainly because I worked in close quarters with other people and ds1s well visit is during a flu season. SO doesn't get the flu shot because he has never taken the time to get it. Also he's gotten the flu every year since we have been together right at the beginning so it probably isn't worth getting the shot.

MariaLA 06-20-2012 05:12 PM

All the vaccines, all the time. We love science.

MadeofStarStuff 06-20-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariaLA

Same here! I haven't looked up if they offer Gardasil for boys, yet. Anyone know? If so, we'll be getting that one, too.

Tina5834 06-20-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceray7

Same here! I haven't looked up if they offer Gardasil for boys, yet. Anyone know? If so, we'll be getting that one, too.

Yes they do

Arabesque 06-20-2012 05:26 PM

We're fully vaxed here. I don't usually do the flu vax, but did when I was pregnant with DS and when DD was born. I didn't get gardasil because I was too old when it came out.

I'm lazy about getting the cats vaxed because they're indoor cats, but I do update when they go for a checkup or to the kennel.

flintgirl 06-20-2012 05:31 PM

Everyone is fully vaxed. Even Ms.Snooki.

amcess721 06-20-2012 05:34 PM

Mine are fully vaxed on schedule.

MamaLump 06-20-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MariaLA

This!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

jbug_4 06-20-2012 05:54 PM

We're fully vaxed- including flu (except for me. Flu is one that is just so hit and miss, but dh insists the kids get flu vax). All pets fully faxed as well.

FrenchTeacher 06-20-2012 05:55 PM

Fully vaxed and on schedule. I even get flu vaccine and just got a DTAP vaccine a couple of weeks ago free through the school district where I teach.

myoo 06-20-2012 06:13 PM

We are fully vaxed, including flu shots! :)

jamie714 06-20-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
We decline Chicken Pox and Flu...other than that we are fully vaxed on schedule as well :)

Exact same here.

kelpie169 06-20-2012 06:24 PM

Mine are all vaxed. When we had dogs, so we're they.