Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462572)

EmilytheStrange 11-16-2012 02:17 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th
 
I'm horrible about hair appts as well. I'm 1-2x a year for a cut. At the moment, my hair looks freakin' awesome!! but I don't feel that way very often.

and I love my grey - biggest reason I don't dye my hair too often.. I like it too much :)

I had read about the orgasmic births while pregnant with DD, so it's been awhile, but basically, you're so relaxed and such that as baby comes out, it causes an orgasm. I would like one of those. I'm really not expecting one... but.. would be fairly awesome, you know?

not much to report here.. we toured one of the hospitals last night and it was awesome. Have one more to tour and then gotta decide which one to use. Mostly still stressed about what to do with DD while I'm in labor. We've only ever used 1 babysitter and she's $10/hour. If I had another long labor, the babysitting would cost more than my doula (admittedly my doula is cheap cause she's 'in training', but still!) I really don't want my FIL staring at me for weeks wondering if I'm going into labor, but DH is right, having him come up is probably the best choice. I'd really prefer my mother, but she works still. Maybe my MIL....

I am more stressed about DD than I am about labor..

MrsCrafty 11-16-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th
 
I called and begged the nurse to fax the audiogram for me and she's doing it right now :lostit: so relieved I don't have to drive all the way to the city on Tuesday and sit there until they give it to me lol.

mibarra 11-16-2012 03:50 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 15939225)
Thank you :)
Our miscarriages made things worrisome enough, but then losing Elli has just added a whole other (and bigger) fear/worry on top of that. This is definitely going to be our last pregnancy, we just can't go through this again. I don't know for sure it will be the last baby, but last pregnancy.

I won't have my u/s for another couple weeks, at least. I'm :crossfingers: they'll get me by 24 weeks, but I expect they'll figure out a way to get me in for 20-21 weeks. I'm only anxious right now when I really think about it, and remember what we've seen on that screen before. So for now I just try not to focus on it!

I know what you mean. Hopefully they'll get you in soon and everything will be fine! :thumbsup:

In some ways I think it has some characteristics of PTSD. I didn't breathe easy until DD2 was in my arms, after losing DD1s twin sister. I had a mini panic attack last night. This baby is breech so far (still plenty of time to turn though!) and if it stays breech I may have to have another C-section. After the traumatic emergency C-section with DD1 when we found out we'd lost her identical twin (it was super fast, 30 minutes from walking into the hospital and birth time, medical professionals swarming me and poking me and giving me things.... it was so scary), I was freaking out about the prospect of another potential C-section. The only thing to do is not dwell, because dwelling leads to panicking. Keep us all posted!! :bighug:


On another note, looks like DH may actually have a job until Dec 10th, which is better financial but worse insurance wise, since it's either COBRA or no insurance til Jan 1st .... sigh... and this is all because 1 person is being a selfish [expletive deleted] and not wanting to think about anyone but herself.... :(

canadianbakers 11-16-2012 10:12 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 15940703)
I am more stressed about DD than I am about labor..

:hugs: It will all work out in the end, I'm sure. But :crossfinger: you get things figured out soonish so you can stop worrying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt (Post 15940814)
I called and begged the nurse to fax the audiogram for me and she's doing it right now :lostit: so relieved I don't have to drive all the way to the city on Tuesday and sit there until they give it to me lol.

:yay: That's great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 15941113)
I know what you mean. Hopefully they'll get you in soon and everything will be fine! :thumbsup:

In some ways I think it has some characteristics of PTSD.

On another note, looks like DH may actually have a job until Dec 10th,

Thank you. I agree with the PTSD wondering - I've often wondered the same thing myself. But I'm not sure exactly what to do about it, other than keep breathing and get through these first steps/appts, kwim? :dunno:
I was having panic attacks a lot Monday and all day Tuesday - then ended up being really grouchy and emotional with DH cuz of it, and of course I didn't want to explain or share :banghead: Things are much better today, though.

Sorry about all the insurance crap, but :thumbsup: for a job a bit longer!

AFM: Got to my official first prenatal this morning - weight is... well, weight... my bp was lower than yesterday but still a bit high for me, fundal height is right on at 18cm, and Hiccup's hr was 145 - and he really doesn't like the doppler. We "caught" him a couple times pretty good (got one really good "horse galloping" hb, kwim?) and each time we got a good spot, he'd squirm and kick away - the Dr said he's "naughty" :giggle:

DH called me when he got home - the u/s dept called and wanted to set up my appt, so I got the number and called them. First off, the girl who I spoke to actually sounded like a person - not just a cold clinical tech. She mentioned that they need a full bladder, but made a point to say that the major hospital (where I've gone before and don't like) is ridiculous and that there's no need to drink even half that amount. So, I'm a little hopeful that things will go smoother there, with DH with me and all that.
And, got it booked for next Friday! It seems so soon... but once it's over we will just know. Then we can deal with whatever we find out.
Any :pray: are definitely appreciated for this coming week, and especially for the u/s.

dagmomma 11-16-2012 10:21 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 15942349)

AFM: Got to my official first prenatal this morning - weight is... well, weight... my bp was lower than yesterday but still a bit high for me, fundal height is right on at 18cm, and Hiccup's hr was 145 - and he really doesn't like the doppler. We "caught" him a couple times pretty good (got one really good "horse galloping" hb, kwim?) and each time we got a good spot, he'd squirm and kick away - the Dr said he's "naughty" :giggle:

DH called me when he got home - the u/s dept called and wanted to set up my appt, so I got the number and called them. First off, the girl who I spoke to actually sounded like a person - not just a cold clinical tech. She mentioned that they need a full bladder, but made a point to say that the major hospital (where I've gone before and don't like) is ridiculous and that there's no need to drink even half that amount. So, I'm a little hopeful that things will go smoother there, with DH with me and all that.
And, got it booked for next Friday! It seems so soon... but once it's over we will just know. Then we can deal with whatever we find out.
Any :pray: are definitely appreciated for this coming week, and especially for the u/s.

My little one kept moving away too!!! Yeah for next friday!

AFM--Hair is done and I feel like a girl again :giggle: DD Peyton just sat there as sweet as can be, She was great! She likes going to the salon with mommy. Then we went and got new tires. That took awhile but she was great there too! SHe just likes to hang with her bestie:giggle:

Dh came home tonight and brought me a slice of red velvet cake from the cheescake factory. I tell you I think he has a thing for pregnant woman!!! It was soooo good. I shared it with him. We hid from the kiddos though.:giggle: We are such rebels!

mibarra 11-16-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers

:hugs: It will all work out in the end, I'm sure. But :crossfinger: you get things figured out soonish so you can stop worrying.

:yay: That's great!

Thank you. I agree with the PTSD wondering - I've often wondered the same thing myself. But I'm not sure exactly what to do about it, other than keep breathing and get through these first steps/appts, kwim? :dunno:
I was having panic attacks a lot Monday and all day Tuesday - then ended up being really grouchy and emotional with DH cuz of it, and of course I didn't want to explain or share :banghead: Things are much better today, though.

AFM: Got to my official first prenatal this morning - weight is... well, weight... my bp was lower than yesterday but still a bit high for me, fundal height is right on at 18cm, and Hiccup's hr was 145 - and he really doesn't like the doppler. We "caught" him a couple times pretty good (got one really good "horse galloping" hb, kwim?) and each time we got a good spot, he'd squirm and kick away - the Dr said he's "naughty" :giggle:

And, got it booked for next Friday! It seems so soon... but once it's over we will just know. Then we can deal with whatever we find out.
Any :pray: are definitely appreciated for this coming week, and especially for the u/s.

I promise you'll feel better if you share with DH. He wants to help you. It helped my DH a lot to tell him sometimes he just needed to listen to me and hold me when I cried.

I won't have much luck with the doppler....my placenta's in the way. :(

Glad you US is soon!! Good luck! :)

canadianbakers 11-17-2012 08:43 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 15942367)
AFM--Hair is done and I feel like a girl again :giggle: DD Peyton just sat there as sweet as can be, She was great! She likes going to the salon with mommy. Then we went and got new tires. That took awhile but she was great there too! SHe just likes to hang with her bestie:giggle:

Dh came home tonight and brought me a slice of red velvet cake from the cheescake factory. I tell you I think he has a thing for pregnant woman!!! It was soooo good. I shared it with him. We hid from the kiddos though.:giggle: We are such rebels!

:thumbsup: for the hair and DD being good! Boo on the tires, though - I think we're going to have to get some good snow tires at least for DH's car right away here :yuck:

:yummy: cake! Sounds delicious!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 15942457)
I promise you'll feel better if you share with DH. He wants to help you. It helped my DH a lot to tell him sometimes he just needed to listen to me and hold me when I cried.

I won't have much luck with the doppler....my placenta's in the way. :(

Glad you US is soon!! Good luck! :)

I do know that... but I have a hard time sharing with him or anyone else - which sounds silly because I :blahblah: on here, lol. But I do better writing words than talking, if that makes sense. Things always come out wrong somehow.
He's definitely in this with me, and feeling a lot of the exact same things, having a lot of the same thoughts, that I am, even though he may show it differently. We've learned a lot this year about different ways of dealing with and showing grief and emotions, while feeling the exact same things.
(I think you'll be able to muddle through that paragraph and make sense of it!)

Boo for anterior placentas. I'm >< that close to sure that mine is on my left side, not anterior - I had googled and found some different doppler recordings - placenta, mothers' hb, baby movements, baby hb. The placenta does have a distinct sound, and I'm pretty sure I heard it on my left side :dunno: We'll see at the u/s. No matter what, I'm pretty sure it's not anterior.

AFM: We're having a lazy day at home after the busy-ness yesterday! DD stayed overnight with grandma and grandpa, going for her birthday present (shopping with grandma) today :) We're going in late afternoon to go to the santa claus parade all together. I'm not that excited... but the kids and grandma are, so we'll tag along!

RunawayBunny 11-17-2012 02:58 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 15938294)
:) I love that you say you "decided that it IS baby"! :yay: for movement! I've been getting BH contractions (here and there, not too many and not every day) since 15 weeks - it definitely is possible.

=)

Can BH contractions be stress related? I noticed it happens when I am stressed or late or upset. I am usually in the car when they happen, too. You'd think I've never been pregnant before, but I didn't realize I was having BH contractions with DS until I was 34 weeks and in the clinic. The OB said, you know you are having a contraction, right? I thought, ooooh now I know what that was. So I have no idea when they started or felt like with this small of a belly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt (Post 15939317)
Only thing I'm struggling with right now is DS and school. He has a degenerative hearing condition(he's losing hearing) and the school cannot give him services for deaf/hoh because its not bad enough yet. He uses hearing aid, and could wake up deaf tomorrow, but they can only give him services based on today. It's very frustrating. We have a meeting Wednesday and I'm trying to get copies of pieces of his medical file and they say it's a 7-14 day wait :banghead: so it's very frustrating.

Oh my gosh. That _is_ very frustrating. Will he definitely lose all hearing? You'd think they'd want to get him started with services sooner than later knowing it could get worse at any time. I'm frustrated for you and its not even my son! At least you are happy with his teacher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 15941113)

On another note, looks like DH may actually have a job until Dec 10th, which is better financial but worse insurance wise, since it's either COBRA or no insurance til Jan 1st .... sigh... and this is all because 1 person is being a selfish [expletive deleted] and not wanting to think about anyone but herself.... :(

I'm glad the job got extended. Hopefully things will work out. I can't remember or find your other post, but 1 Jan is when a new job would start?

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 15942349)

DH called me when he got home - the u/s dept called and wanted to set up my appt, so I got the number and called them. First off, the girl who I spoke to actually sounded like a person - not just a cold clinical tech. She mentioned that they need a full bladder, but made a point to say that the major hospital (where I've gone before and don't like) is ridiculous and that there's no need to drink even half that amount. So, I'm a little hopeful that things will go smoother there, with DH with me and all that.
And, got it booked for next Friday! It seems so soon... but once it's over we will just know. Then we can deal with whatever we find out.
Any :pray: are definitely appreciated for this coming week, and especially for the u/s.

That's great that they got you in so soon! I like their attitude already and I'm not even the one going. =) So your DH will be able to take off easily then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 15943053)

I do know that... but I have a hard time sharing with him or anyone else - which sounds silly because I :blahblah: on here, lol. But I do better writing words than talking, if that makes sense. Things always come out wrong somehow.

I understand this completely. I actually had a conversation about this with another friend who visits forums frequently. It's so much easier to write things out, delete, edit, rephrase, and on and on than it is to talk with someone. I am always unsure of how things sound that its hard for me to even say them. Plus, my DH is an emotion-bottler and while he's always there for me to blab away to he doesn't give back to the conversation much which makes it hard.

Quote:


Boo for anterior placentas. I'm >< that close to sure that mine is on my left side, not anterior - I had googled and found some different doppler recordings - placenta, mothers' hb, baby movements, baby hb. The placenta does have a distinct sound, and I'm pretty sure I heard it on my left side :dunno: We'll see at the u/s. No matter what, I'm pretty sure it's not anterior.

AFM: We're having a lazy day at home after the busy-ness yesterday! DD stayed overnight with grandma and grandpa, going for her birthday present (shopping with grandma) today :) We're going in late afternoon to go to the santa claus parade all together. I'm not that excited... but the kids and grandma are, so we'll tag along!
Oh boy. Now I have a new fun thing to do when I am bored... google doppler sounds. =) I don't have my doppler anymore, but I kind of remember a bunch of weird sounds I heard and would love to know what they were. Stay warm and have fun at the parade!

AFM: so I am going to go ahead and make a gender guess... I cannot stop looking at girly things. I have come up with a ton of girl names and some of them DH actually kind of likes. I told him I have girl on the mind a lot lately and he agreed. So my guess is the opposite, boy. I had a dream that I was sure it was a girl and out popped a boy so yeah... I'm guessing boy. =)

RunawayBunny 11-17-2012 03:02 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th
 
Sorry, second post, but I forgot a random question I wanted to ask... Anyone know anything good to do with pomegranates that is super easy? We were at the grocery and DS saw that they had free samples. He hated it, but as I finished his sample I decided I need to buy one and went all the way back to the front of the store to buy one. I cut it up today and have a ton of the little seeds. I thought they'd taste good with ricotta cheese, but they did not. I guess I could just eat them plain...

4dramamama 11-17-2012 08:12 PM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 11th-17th
 
Okay, I know I've been invisible lately but I've been reading the threads. Right now I'm trying to win a huge gift basket of CJ's Butter! If you want to help:
It's on now! We are one of two finalists to win this video contest. We need likes to win and right now we're behind. Ack!
1) "Like" The Original CJ's Butter company page on Facebook. (https://www.facebook.com/cjsewingroom?fref=ts)
3) Find the thread that begins "Narwhals & Unicorns: The Film."
2) "Like" our video (the second one in the thread with my oldest DS doing manly push-ups).
Thanks! I really appreciate any of you helping us. I love CJ's butter and super-duper had fun making that video with my whole family.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors