Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I keep getting viruses from DS. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=903925)

raindrop_333 01-08-2010 01:22 PM

I keep getting viruses from DS.

I know because it's the only site I have open when it happens. It never happens anywhere else. A scammer program called Antivirus Live installed without my permission last night (google it) and I know it came from here! Also I've been having problems with scanners that I don't have installed on my computer showing up when I click a link on this site and they start scanning without my permission! Now, since last night, often (once again, only on this site), I get a pop-up saying 'are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?' whenever I click on a link. It's driving me crazy and I may stop coming here if it continues. It has to be coming from the ads on this site. SO and I went through a lot trying to save my computer last night. The fake spyware scanner that installed from here last night made it so I could not open ANYTHING on my computer. We had to restart the computer in safe mode and had a hell of a time getting malware bytes to scan because of the trojan. Now it's gone and my computer's running fine, but I am still getting the 'are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?' while on DS.

Thought I'd let you know.

chickenmonkeybaby 01-08-2010 01:30 PM

Re: I keep getting viruses from DS.

I have been getting the same "Do you want to navigate away from this page" message today. To top it off, a program claiming to offer virus clean up has dumped some type of spyware on my computer causing it to shut down. I have disabled all of my start up programs and I am now in the process of running Microsoft Security Essentials to clean up my computer. It has already removed 3 threats.

What fun:rolleyesout:

Mommyplunder 01-08-2010 01:34 PM

I had two try to get me last night, I won't even click on the box if it pops up, I will immediately reboot my computer. But I still think something's snuck through. It has to come from here because the only other place I go is my email account on gmail.

chickenmonkeybaby 01-08-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommyplunder (Post 9271100)
I had two try to get me last night, I won't even click on the box if it pops up, I will immediately reboot my computer. But I still think something's snuck through. It has to come from here because the only other place I go is my email account on gmail.

I did not click to close, I used Task Manager to shut it down, and it still embedded itself.

I am removing a Trojan right now. I am 100% sure it came from here. :thumbsup:

FrenchTeacher 01-08-2010 02:16 PM

I am having all the same problems as the previous posters. Grrrrr!

4littlenorskes 01-09-2010 08:02 AM

Me too!:thumbsup:

JuneBugg 01-09-2010 12:45 PM

me too.....wonder if theres any way to fix it...it just happened to me as i opened this tread!

Admin 01-11-2010 09:43 AM

We have removed the ad network that was causing these issues. If you continue to see anything virus related please respond in this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

cjbug 01-11-2010 09:45 AM

Thanks...

chickenmonkeybaby 01-11-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 9293271)
We have removed the ad network that was causing these issues. If you continue to see anything virus related please respond in this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you very much:goodvibes: