Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Baby on your back while out ? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497036)

anahrose 03-04-2013 11:44 AM

Baby on your back while out ?

How do you get your baby on your back while you are out? Say, I am just going from my car to the store? Are there any tricks? I have a Boba and have only worn her on the front because I don't have experience getting her on my back. When I am at home I use mirrors and have my bed there in case she may fall. Any help would be appreciated. TIA!

Mheagan 03-04-2013 11:51 AM

Re: Baby on your back while out ?

following because I'd like to know too!

Leiiki 03-04-2013 11:56 AM

It depends on the baby and the carrier. With an SSC and a non-mobile baby, I would kind of sit her on my hip, pull one strap onto my shoulder, then shimmy around until she was centered on my back - supporting her with my opposite arm - then pull up the opposite strap. With an older toddler, have them help by holding on like a monkey while you get them in.

ChocoChoco 03-04-2013 12:03 PM

How old is the baby?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

s@hmommy 03-04-2013 12:07 PM

I do a "superman" style move I found on youtube, lol. Works perfect for me. I normally just do a front carry though if I know it will be a very quick trip, but my 2 yo ds still likes being carried on the front best.

rchamberlain 03-04-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@hmommy (Post 16357744)
I do a "superman" style move I found on youtube, lol. Works perfect for me. I normally just do a front carry though if I know it will be a very quick trip, but my 2 yo ds still likes being carried on the front best.

:yeahthat:

I have been doing the superman toss since 10 months old. I really dislike the hip scoot...maybe I just have short arms, but it never felt secure. We have a Boba as well and I just toss her over my shoulder.

Mheagan 03-04-2013 01:59 PM

I'm going to have to look up this "superman toss" :)

dilya6722 03-04-2013 08:44 PM

I like the hip scoop better cause that way as said in the second post you already have one strap on and after pulling babies legs through the opening she's kinda secure in case of pushing up straight (that's what my DD does) until you put another strap on

MommaMal 03-04-2013 11:03 PM

I hip scoot now but when she was smaller I did the superman toss

Angel89411 03-05-2013 06:59 AM

I clip my waist belt around my waist and superman toss him up. I lean forward and hold onto an arm when pulling the straps up. Make sure to pull it away from him some to get it over the bum. I've done that since 13 months. I preferred wcmt before that. I would use a Santa toss for that. Look up Mei tai Santa toss. Tons of great videos.