Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nail Polish? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1260303)

galesville1980 08-11-2011 09:40 AM

Nail Polish?

What are your thoughts on nail polish? I found a nail polish called Little Piggy's but it is kind of $..it is non toxic..my DD is 1.5 and I thought about starting to paint her nails but just worried what is in the nail polish...

tallanvor 08-11-2011 10:15 AM

Re: Nail Polish?

Depends on how often the child puts their fingers in their mouth. My oldest really didn't ever put things in her mouth except food and drink. She wasn't a thumb or finger sucker, so I probably wouldn't have care if she had nail polish. My youngest, though, still sucks her thumb at 4, so I would be less likely to let her wear it at such a young age.

mrscompgeek 08-11-2011 11:07 AM

We use piggy paint on my 2 year old. They run co-ops on here for piggy paint occasionally and its like 1/2 price. Check the Co-op board to see when the next one is

j+csmama 08-11-2011 11:09 AM

We use Piggy Paint here too. Even on DD1, but she's a nail biter so I'm concerned about what's going in her mouth. DD2 LOVES having her toes painted, it's too cute! :) O, and no matter what color I paint them, she points to them and says purple. lol

johnsbabymama 08-11-2011 11:16 AM

I use water based nail color!

lecialefty 08-11-2011 11:42 AM

I use piggy paint too. Although I haven't put it on dd yet, she won't sit still to have her nails cut so I figure I may as well not even try to paint them right now. But it smells so much better than regular polish. Doesn't make me :yuck:

Rhianna'sMommy 08-11-2011 11:45 AM

Dd1 is a nail biter so the rule is if she stops biting her nails long enough That I actually can clip her nails, I'll paint them. About once a year she stops biting her nails for about a month so I'll paint her nails. Dd2, rarely puts her hands in her mouth so I'll paint them if she asks - about twice a year.

For both girls I'll paint toes any time they ask. Which is 2-3 times a year.

I just buy cheapy fast drying nail polish in whatever color the kids want. I rarely ever paint my own nails.

galesville1980 08-11-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrscompgeek (Post 13539050)
We use piggy paint on my 2 year old. They run co-ops on here for piggy paint occasionally and its like 1/2 price. Check the Co-op board to see when the next one is

Did not know anything about the co-op board!

galesville1980 08-11-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsbabymama (Post 13539118)
I use water based nail color!

Does it say water base right on it?

creative*genius 08-11-2011 12:46 PM

I use Piggy Paints with DD. She's 3. We have had then for about 1.5 years. They are small bottles, but still last forever. IMHO - it was worth it considering how often they put their hands in their mouth and how nailpolish chips. We only got 2 colors - hot pink and a clear or light pink with sparkles (don't have it right in front of me).