Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska & Hawaii (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Moving back! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229749)

sparkly_vagabond 06-18-2011 03:15 PM

Moving back!

We lived in Venetie Alaska about 2 years ago and are now moving back... smaller village this time.
Here we come Stevens Village! My husband will be the principal teacher and I (praying so) will be the preschool teacher :lostit:
Moving with our 4 kids and Mastiff
Can't wait to get in on this forum more!

FrozenBooty 07-06-2011 02:39 AM

Hehe that's the middle of nowhere :)

sparkly_vagabond 07-06-2011 11:36 AM

Re: Moving back!

Yes. Yes it is. I believe the population is about 50 right now. We. Are. Nuts! :)

rverrone11 10-13-2011 07:19 PM

I have no idea how I came across this thread, but I had to respond. We don't live in Alaska, but we live in a town of about 100 people, and DH is the school teacher (k-8) and I am the teacher's assistant. We had 8 students last year but this year we have 11. We also bring our DDs to school with us (1.5 and almost 4) so I am essentially their preschool teacher. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

sparkly_vagabond 10-13-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rverrone11 (Post 13934294)
I have no idea how I came across this thread, but I had to respond. We don't live in Alaska, but we live in a town of about 100 people, and DH is the school teacher (k-8) and I am the teacher's assistant. We had 8 students last year but this year we have 11. We also bring our DDs to school with us (1.5 and almost 4) so I am essentially their preschool teacher. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

This sounds exactly like us right now. I am the preschool teacher I bring the (almost) 2 yr old and 4 yr old with me and our 5 yr old often comes over to play... needs a break from all the 'big kid' learning.
Then the other half of the day I sub in for the aides that generally don't show for work. And recently I subbed for the cook... it was a disaster :blush:
We have 8 kids normally but 11 right now (count time... they brought kids in from the 'outside' so that our school would stay open... we will see if it works!).
I am supposed to work 15 hrs a week but I have been working 40+ with preschool, subbing, and helping the hubs out! :lostit:
I can not wait for Christmas break LOL!

rverrone11 10-15-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkly_vagabond (Post 13934371)
This sounds exactly like us right now. I am the preschool teacher I bring the (almost) 2 yr old and 4 yr old with me and our 5 yr old often comes over to play... needs a break from all the 'big kid' learning.
Then the other half of the day I sub in for the aides that generally don't show for work. And recently I subbed for the cook... it was a disaster :blush:
We have 8 kids normally but 11 right now (count time... they brought kids in from the 'outside' so that our school would stay open... we will see if it works!).
I am supposed to work 15 hrs a week but I have been working 40+ with preschool, subbing, and helping the hubs out! :lostit:
I can not wait for Christmas break LOL!

:lostit:

Oh yes, the ever important count day for small schools. There had been talks about closing our school this year, but luckily that did not happen. I am also the "cook", as well as the custodian. LOL. Though we just do a breakfast program and no lunch (kids either bring lunch or go home for lunch).

We have no breaks at all with just DH and I working there (it sounds like it is the same for you too!). But it makes the days and weeks fly by!