Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adoption and Foster Care (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   August/September Chat Thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1538550)

sunnymommy 08-12-2013 08:02 PM

August/September Chat Thread

Well, now that we have wrestled all our paperwork away from the agency and our lawyer has received it, she still hasn't done anything with it for 3 weeks :banghead: I don't want to bug her; I called her last Monday. But, maybe I will call her again this week... She is from our church and not charging a lot, but still. Baby is 13 months old now and we would like to finally adopt her.

~*~Sunflower~*~ 08-12-2013 08:44 PM

Re: August/September Chat Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnymommy (Post 16831702)
Well, now that we have wrestled all our paperwork away from the agency and our lawyer has received it, she still hasn't done anything with it for 3 weeks :banghead: I don't want to bug her; I called her last Monday. But, maybe I will call her again this week... She is from our church and not charging a lot, but still. Baby is 13 months old now and we would like to finally adopt her.

How frustrating! I hope that she gets it done soon!!!

Cadeau 08-13-2013 03:47 PM

I'm sure it's not everyone's experience, but I found w our adoption lawyer that things seemed to take a back burner until I called.

Each call prodded her 1 more step along the way. Took 8mths for us!

Good luck!

Believer318 08-16-2013 11:25 PM

We have a sweet four month old baby girl for the weekend. Doing respite and really enjoying it. :-)

WynneBabies 08-17-2013 10:07 AM

Still just waiting here. My fingerprints had to be redone so that probably set us back a month. Still hoping to finalize in Sept or Oct and our adoption worker thinks that will happen. Baby girl turns 1 in just a week and a half! Crazy. We're getting some family pictures and her first birthday pics done on Monday by a professional (who happens to be a friend) and I'm really excited!

millermyer2 08-17-2013 12:34 PM

We go to court for the full hearing in a week. Hopefully we will find out what direction we are going with this case!

anne_josh 08-17-2013 03:12 PM

So great to hear about the finalizations happening :)

We are meeting with our SW on Tuesday! I can hardly believe it. This will be our first meeting, 10 months in to the process :P But that is ok, because DS2 is in Godzilla mode lately and having him get a little older can only help.. right? Heh. DH and I say on a daily basis that he is lucky he is so darn cute.

looking8186 08-19-2013 03:13 AM

Sooo... Update over here! My 22 mo dfs who came to me at 17 mo just went home on the 30th. It's quiet over here now!!! We miss him a lot but I'm enjoying the simplicity and relaxation that comes with only have 2 kiddos. My bio dd is now 4 and my little foster guy is 3mo... He's such a sweetheart, seriously the most incredible baby ever!!! His case is a disaster but he is such a love.

But of course.... Just as I was getting comfy I got a call about another little newborn baby girl. She's still in the hospital at this point... I found out about her a bit over a week ago. I'm hoping that I can get more info tomorrow... It's never easy with this office! I can't decide if I should stick with the easy 2 kiddo situation or reach out and help this baby girl. Such a tough decision. My gut (which is crazy btw) says of course I should take her... My logical side is hesitant!!!

ivparker 08-20-2013 07:18 AM

Wow another little one so fast. I know its so hard to make these decisions sometimes.

FindingMercy 08-20-2013 10:42 AM

I've been pretty non-existent around here lately. New baby is being born in just a couple days if he holds out that long. We are working through the legalities of getting temporary guardianship. We need to have a couple more serious convos with mom before we make sure we're really going to go through with this. And of course everything could change after he's born. Such things happen when you're holding a real baby in your arms and not making plans for a little person you haven't laid eyes on yet.