Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which are the "Tried and True" NB diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1553442)

MamaJoyful 10-24-2013 08:06 PM

Which are the "Tried and True" NB diapers?

For mamas looking into NB diapers, which are the tried and true choices?

For me:

XS Sandy's (I like the bamboo.) IMO Sandy's work well for almost any NB, and they will contain leaks well. They might be poofy on tiny babies, but for most they are great. And tiny babies would swim in almost any NB diaper anyhow. I preferred these over KL0. The KL0 seemed more bulky but not as absorbent.

Prefolds: Diaper Rite, GMD, Imagine/Nicki's Diapers. Cotton or bamboo work great IMO. Some babies can skip XS. I love bamboo or unbleached.

Thirsties Duo Cover Size 1. It is trim, comfy and it works. Not sure what the thoughts are on the new Aplix.

Swaddlebees Simplex NB AIOs?? I have not used these but I keep seeing them mentioned as a diaper that lasts longer, fits well, and washes well.

Wool Longies and covers are great for providing extra leak protection and they are super cute!

What else??? :)

Tris 10-24-2013 08:10 PM

Re: Which are the "Tried and True" NB diapers?

I loved lil joeys and mutts this time around :)

dagmomma 10-24-2013 08:15 PM

Prefolds--gmd and dr

Fitteds-- sbish xs

Flats--cottonbabies flats (very trim)

Pockets--blueberry eco-nappi mini fits like a simplex

Aio- simplex NB aio--amazing!

Covers- any bummis NB thirsties xs or duo size 1

Fleece- emotibums

bobbs7 10-24-2013 08:17 PM

I have never CD'ed a newborn (although we plan to this time around!), but we did CD him starting at 1 month. Other fav's I have seen people mention are xs Thirsties covers, newborn GMD WH's, and small flats like Osocozy, or Diaper Rite or GMD smalls.

universe2 10-24-2013 08:31 PM

Im am getting the imagine NB stay dry AIO sold by nickis diapers... can't seem to find a lot of reviews on them but they seem amazing! for my first baby I used prefolds so im excited about a stay dry option

Ola_ 10-24-2013 09:35 PM

Yes on the XS Sandy's. We loved ours and I'm looking forward to using them on the upcoming newbie.

holocene 10-24-2013 09:48 PM

Sbish minis, bamboo prefolds and xs bamboo sandys under wool soakers for at home and night time.

Simplex nb for out and about.

Catbutt Diapers 10-24-2013 10:31 PM

Premie 3X6X3 Prefolds and Thirsties Duo 1 covers. Out of everything I tried - and I tried everything - thats all I would put in there. They fit EVERY baby, they are budget friendly, they are trim, and they had enough absorbancy to go an acceptable amount of time or throw a washcloth in and your good to go out! The 2X4X2 prefolds were only good as a doubler though :(

moonlightblonde 10-25-2013 07:20 AM

See I hated the duos on my nb they leaked. No other cover did. I do have some old kl0 that I like though :)

MamaJoyful 10-25-2013 08:18 AM

Thank you! Super helpful! So based on chatting with others and reading reviews, which other newborn diapers are popular, available and loved by most? Are there any others that you think should be mentioned here?

Which WAHM diapers are most popular?