Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Need advice pregnancy and alcohol. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287474)

maryjane 12-11-2007 02:41 PM

Need advice pregnancy and alcohol.

I thought that might get everyone's attention. Dh and I recently started ttc. September was a neg., October was a neg., November was a neg. So, we are still trying. I'm nursing so my cycles still aren't normal. They just started back in September. So anyway, I'm going to a party tonight. It's my bellydance troupes annual Christmas party. There's going to be champagne punch which I LOVE. But I don't know if it's safe to drink. Ovulation if it was on time was last Wednesday which we ttc the week leading up to it and a couple days after. So impantation hasn't even occurred yet. I'm thinking that since implantation hasn't occurred yet if there's even a fert egg that it's ok. I'm thinking alcohol during pregnancy is only dangerous once the placenta has formed. Is that right? Is this a ridiculously stupid question? I have a cold and my brain is so foggy I can't think straight. WDYT?

Lucky Child 12-11-2007 02:42 PM

Re: Need advice pregnancy and alcohol.

I think alcohol during pregnancy is okay in MODERATION, like extreme moderation. At your point I wouldn't even worry about it at all.

KaleidoscopeEyes 12-11-2007 02:53 PM

I would be scared of possible miscarriage If I ware serious about TTC I would abstain from drinking.

lisadoni 12-11-2007 03:01 PM

Relaxing can be one of the best things to do while TTC. I attended a bachelorette party (and drank, but not a lot) at about the same point in my cycle when I conceived my adorable and healthy twin girls. I had two miscarriages prior to that and hadn't had any alcohol.

IMHO, if it's a drink you're looking forward to then treat yourself to one glass and enjoy the night.

isis0821 12-11-2007 03:32 PM

I conceived my son the night after a big party (although we weren't "trying") and also had quite a few drinks with DH the next week for our 1 year anniversary. When I found out I was pregnant, I told the doctor I was concerned about having consumed more than a few drinks on those nights, and she said that I had nothing to worry about so early on.

adrocksmommy 12-11-2007 03:37 PM

I wouldn't worry.

craftymomto5 12-11-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes (Post 2298536)
I would be scared of possible miscarriage If I ware serious about TTC I would abstain from drinking.

:yeahthat: I totally agree. If I were really serious about ttc I wouldn't want to chance anything. I don't think alcohol consumption during pregnancy is appropriate either. Your baby's health while in utero and once born comes first and foremost. :thumbsup:

mum2James&Julia 12-11-2007 04:56 PM

If the baby is meant to stick it's going to stick regardless of your alcohol consumption. Babies aren't living so perilously in there as some people might think. In moderation, I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest!

mama2cody 12-11-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isis0821 (Post 2298821)
I conceived my son the night after a big party (although we weren't "trying") and also had quite a few drinks with DH the next week for our 1 year anniversary. When I found out I was pregnant, I told the doctor I was concerned about having consumed more than a few drinks on those nights, and she said that I had nothing to worry about so early on.

Similar situation here. I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after a couple of binges. Thankfully I was *only* seriously 2-3 weeks pregnant at that time. I could not believe we found out so early. I haven't had a drop since. People want me to go drinking with them and pump & dump my milk since I am bf'ing. I don't want to but I know people that have. I guess some people just don't think it's a big deal.

titania 12-11-2007 07:39 PM

the fertilized egg is not going to be affected by a drink. it is 'floating around' in there at this point. *I* would not worry too much about it at this point. this may be the last drink you have for a veerrrryyyy long time! :lostit: enjoy it!!