Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   how soon did you wear maternity clothes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7827)

bobandjess99 05-22-2006 12:43 PM

Re: how soon did you wear maternity clothes?

I never wore maternity clothes.
I wear skirts/dresses only though...one dress might not have fit at the end, but all of the skirts did, they all have an elastic waistband, which i just pulled up over my tummy...so instead of floor length skirts, i had mid-calf skirts, LOL! But, i weighed 198 when my pregnancy started, and 180 when i delivered and 165 after delivery, so i had lost a LOT of weight. (and had an almost 9 pound babe to boot!)

Samantha 05-22-2006 02:31 PM

First time around....as soon as I got a +HPT :blush: it was because I WANTED to be wearing them..not that I NEEDED them But I had "convinced" myself I needed them :giggle:

2nd time around I decided I would go as long as I could WITHOUT them. I dont remember exactly when I had to go into them but I rarely wore my maternity pants (I know i was in the shirts at about 22wks or so) I live in stretchy yoga type pants most of the time so I just wore those.

This time...I made it to about 7wks! At which time I Just couldnt stand the pants being tight around my waist. I got some maternity pants that are low rise and they just have the band around the top that is like 3" thick so they are as most like real pants as possible just a stretchy waist. But I still prefer my yoga pants LOL....

beepsmnms 05-22-2006 08:46 PM

:laugh: The very day I found out I was pregnant! :laugh: Ok, so maybe a few weeks later around 8-9 weeks.

Shannon 05-22-2006 10:38 PM

I'm 12 weeks with my 3rd and still not wearing maternity clothes....But my regular clothes are starting to not work...my pants are ok...I can use a rubberband to stretch them out a bit...but my shirts are all too short to cover my rubberband...LOL

With DD#1 I was so anxious I started wearing maternity clothes LONG before i needed them. I can't really remember when I started wearing them with DD#2.

Manna00 05-24-2006 10:29 AM

This is baby #1 for us... and I"m 34 weeks along and still haven't worn maternity pants---so ITCHY!!! Luckily this little boy is "riding" really really high still.. so normal jeans are still fine. I started to NEED to wear maternity tops around 5 monthes.. but I tried to hold on as long as I could because up until a week ago, I was an elementary school teacher and didn't want too many questions about what was going on with Mrs. Nowlin and why was she getting "fat"???

zonapellucida 05-24-2006 11:18 AM

Usually 5 months or so here....

1boy1girl1bitty2 05-24-2006 12:57 PM

i didn't have mat clothes with my 1st i just couldn't afford them i was given a few things at christmas but they were already to small she was born in april. but with #2 i wore maternity pants at 2 months but shirts at about 4 months

raversangel 05-24-2006 05:08 PM

i was in maternity clothes with this one since i was 6wks along...it wasn't that they didn't fit per say, it was that i couldn't stand anything touching my belly :giggle:

blessed with boys 05-27-2006 02:51 PM

Ds #1, 6 months
Ds #2, 4 months
Ds #3, 3 months

I'm ttc right now, I hope I dont go right into maternity clothing, Yikes!

Jackie

Sarah0903 05-28-2006 04:30 PM

With my son I was about 24-25 weeks before I needed to wear them. With my daughter I think I was like 9 weeks and had to start wearing them. I was so big at 20 weeks peole thought I was almost due.