Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Calling all "fleece liner" experts! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472208)

quinnNjesse 12-13-2012 03:10 PM

Calling all "fleece liner" experts!

K, this might be a silly question...last time I did this (8 years ago!) I went to the fabric store and bought fleece and cut it up for liners.

Well today I saw a cheap fleece blanket on sale for even cheaper ($3) and I thought that was probably the same thing as buying the fabric right? I figured also that since it's pretty cheap and the fleece isn't super thick, that it would probably work as a liner and not repel.

Whatcha think?

hcokasil 12-13-2012 03:14 PM

Re: Calling all "fleece liner" experts!

i think, go for it!

swrlgrl105 12-13-2012 03:17 PM

that should work. I usually go to the fabric section of Wal-Mart and get the super cheap ugly fleece and i think its around $2.74/yard and it works wonderfully!

meljc 12-13-2012 03:51 PM

I got 2yds of fleece with skulls on it from Joann... for 74c :-)

epandthree 12-13-2012 03:51 PM

I've used all kinds of fleece- micro fleece and regular old stuff from JoAnn's, it all has worked for me!

cdeweese 12-13-2012 03:55 PM

I just used regular fleece on clearance for $1.00/yard (and its cute!) I got a ton of liners out of it and they still look new 8 months later :)

Mandan914 12-13-2012 04:11 PM

yea it should work, only downside is it will pill alot faster with all the washings..

norrahsmommy 12-13-2012 04:36 PM

Yep, it works fine. I have used the scraps from fleece blankets, that were made into something else, for that purpose. No problems with them

AmandaA 12-13-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norrahsmommy (Post 16040023)
Yep, it works fine. I have used the scraps from fleece blankets, that were made into something else, for that purpose. No problems with them

I agree. My DS has some crazy looking liners from left over scraps from making fleece blankets. I bought some of the thinner microfleece thinking I would like it better (like one of the liners that came with an easyfit diaper I have). I have trouble with the thinner stuff getting wadded up inside an active 2 yo's diaper. I actually like it a little thicker and once it pilled a little bit it stayed put better too- but still serves its purpose.

quinnNjesse 12-13-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandan914 (Post 16039932)
yea it should work, only downside is it will pill alot faster with all the washings..

vs using what? Worst case I can keep it as a car blanket..