Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   We are filing Bankrupt next week (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494111)

JellEBeanDesigns 02-22-2013 02:00 PM

We are filing Bankrupt next week

and I have serious anxiety over it :( I wish we didnt have to but our second mortgage is going to sue us and take 65% of dh pay check :cry: no flames please, this is our only choice, we live frugally but with our foreclosure this is the final door to walk through and close before we are finally free.

qsefthuko 02-22-2013 02:02 PM

Re: We are filing Bankrupt next week

That is rough. We have contemplated it as well at times. Especially when our auto loan company tried to stick us with more than $1000 extra in fees.

qsefthuko 02-22-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 16320649)
That is rough. We have contemplated it as well at times. Especially when our auto loan company tried to stick us with more than $1000 extra in fees.

I know $1000+ doesn't sound like a whole lot but we had barely made it to tax season without getting behind. Our tax return would just pay it plus allow us to move. The extra $1000+ would make it so we couldn't pay it off and move. We desperately needed to move. Our car was having dificulties. With a large car payment we couldn't afford another vehicle. Since it is the only car we have we need for it to run or be close to my husbands job.

wooly_wonderful 02-22-2013 02:17 PM

:hugs:

mississippimommy 02-22-2013 02:27 PM

DON'T FEEL BAD. I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD FLAME YOU FOR THIS DECISION. EVERYONE IS IN TOUGH TIMES MAMA DON'T FEEL BAD FOR IT. SPEAKING FOR MYSELF WE LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK AND ANY TIME I GET ANYTHING AT ALL EXTRA SOMETHING BREAKS AND IT GOES TOWARDS THAT. (((HUGS)))

wolffie 02-22-2013 02:29 PM

hugs mama. Hopefully you will be past this stage soon.

5PrincessMommy 02-22-2013 05:32 PM

that sucks

homebirthmom 02-22-2013 06:21 PM

i know several people who have had to do this and everyone said it was the best thing for them ever. you have free up cash, your credit rating goes back up. you stress less. but then after go w the david ramsey program so you dont wind back up in debt.

you will be fine. I guess its a fast court hearing and thats it! best of luck

Tris 02-22-2013 06:30 PM

:bighug:

JellEBeanDesigns 02-22-2013 08:31 PM

Thanks y'all. I know it's for the best. We have a the start of a good plan to get on track and have a better life. I am just scared

ExpatMama1990 02-22-2013 08:46 PM

Sorry you have to file for bankruptcy in the first place, but things will start to look up after you've done it. Just one of those things, it sounds scary, but sometimes it's the only and best option! Good luck!

Trynitey 02-22-2013 09:02 PM

No judgment from me. We just filed bankruptcy too because of our house in another state. We had to relocate due to DH's job and we tried selling the house for a year and it was a no-go. (We're renting in Florida now). BofA didn't accept any short sales and wouldn't do a deed in lieu. Honestly it was the better option for us. We now have no doubt, are able to save a good chunk of money and we have NO credit cards, and will not be getting any. We are young enough for this to be a fresh start for us.

It will be fine!!

debcita429 02-22-2013 10:54 PM

I'm sorry. It's good that you figured out what you need to do. Sometimes it is unavoidable.

Anna0623 02-22-2013 11:09 PM

So sorry this is happening momma. We will be in the same boat sometime soon.

pgkcb13 02-23-2013 04:15 AM

You know with the economy the way it is there are soo many people filing that in a few years it will be a really common thing on people's credit history.

I'm sorry you have to deal with the stress mama, money sucks :(

s@hmommy 02-23-2013 07:31 AM

I honestly know very few (like maybe 2 people and they are very old) thay could live on 45% of their income. I completely understand why you need to and I hope it helps you get back on track. Feeding your family is more important at some point than trying to salvage your credit.

madebymommy 02-23-2013 07:36 AM

We had to file almost 2 years ago, after years of mismanaging money when we were younger. Neither one of us was ever taught to manage money properly or budget by our parents, so we majorly screwed ourselves. It was honestly the best thing we ever did... We have learned so much, we manage our money and debt properly and we've gotten our second chance at life. It will get better :hugs:

Junglebugg225 02-23-2013 07:36 PM

I'm so sorry your having to go through this.

I've contemplated filing but I'm scared to death & have NO idea where to even look or ask questions! Due to prior mistakes, divorces, being young & stupid, we feel we can't get unburied- How does it work? Are you able to keep your home & vehicles? I'm so scared of what the future holds living like this!!

I hope everything turns out ok!!

JellEBeanDesigns 02-23-2013 09:58 PM

I posted a whole thing on my blog Friday (in my siggy) answering those same questions!

redsonja 02-24-2013 03:01 AM

Good luck mama. I filed back in 2001 (because of my exh). Best thing I could have done for myself. It did make life VERY hard for a while because of my bad credit (but I lived in a very tight housing market so it really hurt me), but it really set me free from everything. Now it's been 12 years and it's completely dropped off my report and life is good.

Junglebugg225 02-24-2013 08:36 AM

Thanks!