Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Homemade breast pump bra? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1362424)

Ummsamiyah 03-05-2012 12:53 AM

Homemade breast pump bra?
 
How do you make your hands free pumping bra? I am not sure I really want to spend the money on a new one and I just bought a sewing machine. But I am REALLY new to sewing so be gentle! TIA

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Kenshin 03-05-2012 12:57 AM

Re: Homemade breast pump bra?
 
I have heard for a very easy (no sew!) version, you can just cut small holes (more like slits) in a regular sports bra. I'm sure someone could help you make one more like the storebought ones, though. HTH.

mumtwiceover 03-05-2012 11:26 AM

Re: Homemade breast pump bra?
 
I just took a bra that was a bit tight that I didn't wear otherwise - worked perfectly with pumping - cut a small hole in it and just made the hole big enough for the breastshields to fit through. It worked very well and I exclusively pumped for almost a year!!

Ummsamiyah 03-05-2012 04:36 PM

Re: Homemade breast pump bra?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mumtwiceover (Post 14754331)
I just took a bra that was a bit tight that I didn't wear otherwise - worked perfectly with pumping - cut a small hole in it and just made the hole big enough for the breastshields to fit through. It worked very well and I exclusively pumped for almost a year!!

WOW! that's awesome! :thumbsup:

Quote:

I have heard for a very easy (no sew!) version, you can just cut small holes (more like slits) in a regular sports bra. I'm sure someone could help you make one more like the storebought ones, though. HTH.
thanks!

Simply Sanity Creations 03-05-2012 06:12 PM

Re: Homemade breast pump bra?
 
I believe there are instructions on Jan Andrea's site, sleepingbaby.net

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby...raconvert.html

Ummsamiyah 03-05-2012 10:24 PM

Re: Homemade breast pump bra?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Sanity Creations (Post 14756810)
I believe there are instructions on Jan Andrea's site, sleepingbaby.net

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby...raconvert.html

OH wow thanks!

dawnwells 07-11-2017 07:19 AM

Re: Homemade breast pump bra?
 
You can make breast at home using fennel, hollow pipe, bicycle pump and glue. I just came to one resource and it really worked for me. However, It is not up to the mark but still good alternative to expensive branded pump.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors