Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What do you (or your LO) call nursing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232038)

S Starr 05-19-2008 05:52 PM

Re: What do you (or your LO) call nursing?

"nursing" or "milk." When she started dairy at 12 months or so I switched to "mama milk."

lilinkmomma78 05-24-2008 08:34 PM

I nursed my first son the longest so far, for 2 yrs ..and he always called it buh- buh's . My second son, I nursed for 6 months..and I just remember his specific "I need booooob" cry that was more like a mwahhhh ! Now my 10 month old doesn't say anything for them yet..hes all about dada and mama though...but my husband and I call it buhbuh ganoosh...( I know spelled wrong)..but we were watching Wedding Crashers and they said baba ganoesh and I couldn't stop saying it..so we call him bg whenever he wants to eat or fusses! Lately he's been eating weird, he does headstands and gymnastics while trying to eat sideways off my boob and somehow stays latched on!

dragondance 05-24-2008 11:10 PM

To quote my toddler, "Chloe need boob milk!" (Or just "Chloe need boob." That's always fun to have her yell in public :giggle: :giggle: .)

dublinmom 05-25-2008 12:32 AM

Since he started talking my DS has called it boo-boos...probably cause my DH always asks him if he needs a boob :giggle2:

reesesmom 05-25-2008 12:43 AM

I call it "Booba time" or Nummy Nummies" - goofy, I know but I also call her all kinds of silly names like Bubba-loo (which came from Bubbles b/c she blew them all the time).

tb0408 05-25-2008 05:07 AM

My kids call it nummies.

pbresolin 05-25-2008 06:25 AM

Numa. And when he says it it sounds like mama. That's good when there are other people around or we are in public.

kimberlee212 05-25-2008 06:50 AM

I just call it nursing. When my daughter was older, I called it Mommy's milk to differentiate from cow's milk.

kidpsych2be 05-25-2008 12:06 PM

Gianna isn't talking yet so she just signs "more" or shakes her hands furiously for it.

But I kick myself because I SWORE I wouldn't refer to it as "nursies" and well, that's what we call it. I'll tell Gianna "you ready for a nursie?" And she runs to me.....so yeah, it should be interesting in the middle of Target "mama, I wanna nursie!"

I asked for it, I suppose.

slingmama4 05-25-2008 12:14 PM

With all four it's been Nur~Nur or Nur~Nur Milk. When my ODS was a nursling he tried saying Nurse~Nurse and it just came out Nur Nur, so that's what stuck w/ all of them