Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Vitamins/supplements for labor prep (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223580)

Greenbabybottoms 06-07-2011 11:53 AM

Vitamins/supplements for labor prep

I am already doing RRL pills 3 capsules/3 times a day, vitamin D (my midwives said it helps tone the uterus as well) and then of course PNV and iron supplements (due to very low iron). I am only 30 weeks now but I want to start one of the labor prep combos once I hit 34-35 weeks depending on which combo I choose and I was hoping to get some recs. I know there is the Nature's Sunshine 5W but also know there are a few others. Was hoping to get some recs.

songbird516 06-07-2011 12:38 PM

Re: Vitamins/supplements for labor prep

I have read that vitamin C is also really good for the baby and for mama. (like, a lot of it!) I like to get vitamins from whole food sources, so I drink Bolthouse C-boost when I want a lot of vitamin C. It has C from acerola cherries, as opposed to added ascorbic acid or something like that.

cinderella08 06-07-2011 06:48 PM

This is the absolute best I've ever come across! Dr Christopher's Birth Prep (to be used in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy).

Here are some more of my favorites!

Labor Blend Aromatherapy

Labor-Aide for during labor

HERE is some great info and recommendations on herbs that can help during both pregnancy and birth

And also you can look into Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil Capsules, and Red Raspberry Leaf

Hillargh 06-07-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by songbird516 (Post 13093412)
I have read that vitamin C is also really good for the baby and for mama. (like, a lot of it!) I like to get vitamins from whole food sources, so I drink Bolthouse C-boost when I want a lot of vitamin C. It has C from acerola cherries, as opposed to added ascorbic acid or something like that.

Don't forget Vitamin K enriched foods! It can strengthen your waters, and also transfers to baby to help with clotting abilities :goodvibes:

momof3boys1girl 06-07-2011 07:41 PM

I used 5W and EPO but am gonna look at those others! I did the EPO vag at around 36 weeks and orally early 30 weeks but cant remeber exactly. i had a super fast labor and started at a 6 when active labor started and lasted 3 hours. GL mama

Greenbabybottoms 06-07-2011 07:48 PM

oops, I completely forgot about EPO, I will start it orally in a few weeks then vaginally after 36 weeks. I don't know about anything to strengthen my bag of waters, I will be induced at 39 weeks if I don't go into labor before and my midwives are thinking I can possibly avoid pitocin by putting a leak in my bag of water and hopefully get labor started that way.

EmilyAnn86 06-08-2011 12:01 AM

I used Last Frontier Uterine Toner with my 2nd pregnancy. I didn't even know I was in labor until 30 minutes before he was born and had an easy, quick recovery. I also plan to have some Afterease on hand to take after the birth this time

badhayrday 06-08-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinderella08 (Post 13096261)
This is the absolute best I've ever come across! Dr Christopher's Birth Prep (to be used in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy).

This is absolutely the best I know of! It is amazing! You will get a lot of BHX but that is why it works so well so don't be alarmed. I didn't know about it with my first and wasn't dialated or ready at all to give birth by 42 wks. I took it with #2 and #3 and was already 5cm and very thin by the time labor started. It made a huge difference! I found it here on sale probably because it has the old labels still, now it's called birth prep (or maybe I have it backwards:headscratch:). Either way it's half the price of most other places. I don't know how long the sale will last. I'm thinking about going ahead and buying some now even though I won't need it for another 7wks:)

http://www.herbspro.com/39774/PreNatal.htm

I've also recently heard you can take it for 2wk PP to help shrink your uterus back quickly and get things back to normal. I'm gonna try that this time.

songbird516 06-08-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillargh (Post 13096424)
Don't forget Vitamin K enriched foods! It can strengthen your waters, and also transfers to baby to help with clotting abilities :goodvibes:

aren't you supposed to be having a baby, like...now? lol.

Vitamin K is awesome. I'm going to get be some Green Pastures Butter Oil when I actually have money for...anything.

bigmamakelsey 06-08-2011 10:14 AM

EPO, RRL, Vit K, Vit C. I'd be careful using EPO this early though. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I had DS 2 days after taking it, almost 4 weeks from my EED, so he was pretty early and had really bad jaundice and problems nursing. Like I said - could be a coincidence, but I won't be taking it again until at least 38w.