Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Any Mamas in Germany willing to ship to the states? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390430)

Kätzchen 05-06-2012 06:41 PM

Any Mamas in Germany willing to ship to the states?

My five year old's birthday is coming up and she really wants some German workbooks and misc. I would be happy to cover any costs via Paypal. Pm me if you can help me out!

Thanks!

Welcome baby Edeltraud! 27-7-2011 Von meinem iPhone gesendet.

queenginseng 05-07-2012 02:31 AM

Re: Any Mamas in Germany willing to ship to the states?

Have you thought about printing your own and putting them in a nice binder?http://www.kostenlose-ausmalbilder.d...rundschule.php When is her birthday?

2+2macht4 05-07-2012 02:35 AM

Is the stuff you are looking for online? I dont live in big cities where I could search for a particular item easily.

I am doing brandons auction now, but could afterwards.

bedheadmaestro 05-07-2012 03:09 AM

I'm new to Germany but I can! It will give me something to do. I'm outside of Frankfurt.

2+2macht4 05-07-2012 03:14 AM

Hey welcome to Germany, how you liking it over here on this side of the pond?

If you ever want to meet up hit me up. We are about 2 hours south of Frankfurt down in Schwarzwald.

bedheadmaestro 05-07-2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1 (Post 15058882)
Hey welcome to Germany, how you liking it over here on this side of the pond?

If you ever want to meet up hit me up. We are about 2 hours south of Frankfurt down in Schwarzwald.

I think it's going to be great once I can get over the woe-is-me feelings from losing all my previous careers, having no money to do anything, and whatnot! I'm up in Eltville am Rhein.

2+2macht4 05-07-2012 03:39 AM

Are you military or civilian? What brought you to Germany?

bedheadmaestro 05-07-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1 (Post 15058889)
Are you military or civilian? What brought you to Germany?

Civilian husband working for the government! So we get to use military bases and whatnot.

2+2macht4 05-07-2012 03:48 AM

Oh thats cool, so you have access to other Americans and social events and what not.

My husband in German. I live in a bitty village. I have met a few expats but have slim to no contact with anyone otherwise. :/

bedheadmaestro 05-07-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1 (Post 15058898)
Oh thats cool, so you have access to other Americans and social events and what not.

My husband in German. I live in a bitty village. I have met a few expats but have slim to no contact with anyone otherwise. :/

Heh. I have access to Americans, but I don't fit in or really want to hang out with that crowd. We got out of the military for a reason. i'd prefer to assimilate with the Germans!

2+2macht4 05-07-2012 07:26 AM

Ha well your welcome to hang out with us anytime, we like to go exploring. Though I am American haha.

But I am a weirdo so maybe that counter balances :D

On base they do some neat stuff though liek trick or treating, halloween is not celebrated here. 4tho f July and the like. Thats tuff will be nice to have.

And you have commissary access you lucky bum. :P

I have been on the German economy since 2008, speak German so if you need helpw ith anything let me know. If you are an online fiend like me I can give oyu my facebook name if you want to keep in touch.

Lots of fun stuff coming up in the near future around Bawu and Hessen.

2+2macht4 05-07-2012 07:26 AM

I swear I can spell, today is just not one of those days

Kätzchen 05-07-2012 09:01 PM

Well, her birthday is in August, but, I love early gifts.

I have printed lots of things, but it just lacks a feeling. We haven't been able to travel in a long time due to finances and my husband's citizenship (he's Russian, working on U.S. so it's not easy).

She loves Germany. My family is up in Danmark right now and can't send us our usual package of kid-things that she looks forward to. So, really I'm not looking for anything specific, just something to brighten her day. :)

Welcome baby Edeltraud! 27-7-2011 Von meinem iPhone gesendet.

2+2macht4 05-12-2012 04:04 PM

OK, I got the auction wrapped up.

I have both a bucherhandlung and spielzuegladen in town I could take a peek at.

Are there anything in particular you are looking for. I could take a peak and get pricing info.

for shipping to the US from Germany
up to 500 grams is 3.45 euro
up to a kilo is 9 euro
then 2 kilos is 16.90

after that it gets gnarly like 36 euro, so better to split into smaller packages to save.
No dc, but signiture delivery with tracking is 2.05 euro.

assuming its not a lot of books you could probably get a nice paket assembled under the 2 kilo package.