Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Large Family= HSing?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653147)

slingmama4 01-24-2009 06:54 AM

Large Family= HSing??

Just curious how many mamas of many HS on here? Seems to be assumed that if you have a lot of kids, then you automatically HS. Do we fit the sterotype?

We have 4, and pg with #5, and homeschool them all.

mamatoblessings 01-24-2009 04:08 PM

Re: Large Family= HSing??

I voted I have 4 and homeschool, although my oldest is the only one right now, next year I will have 1st grade and K.

4dramamama 01-24-2009 07:58 PM

I hs all 4. (Yes, the 4 month old is learning a lot). I love it!

ktmelody 01-25-2009 10:47 AM

I am HSing my 6th grader. I have a 5th grader in elem. school. My 5 year old starts Kindergarten in the fall. He will go to elem school as well. We have decided that it is best for our children to school at the public school until middle school and then we will reevaluate. My older 2 may go to the magnet arts/drama school for 2009-2010 year. If they don't, then we will use K12 Virtual again. I enjoy homeschooling, but I don't have the time or patience to HS them all. (plus our elem. school is a really good school, I have had no issues with them at all)

:thumbsup:

SimpleAtHeart 01-25-2009 02:29 PM

We have 5 children and have HS for the past 5 yrs. We have a 7th grader, 4th grader, a 2nd grader, a pre-schooler, and our youngest is just 15 mos. There are days that are more difficult than others, but I wouldn`t change what we are doing for the world. This is our 2nd yr. using Sonlight curriculum.

WhatWasIThinking 01-25-2009 05:47 PM

I have 4 and am not homeschooling material!

TwinsMake9 01-25-2009 06:20 PM

We have 11 and people always asume we must homeschool as well! Nope...not here...all go to school and love it. They also play instruments and are involved in just about every sport possible

BlsdMama 01-26-2009 06:21 AM

Re-frame the idea behind the question and you'll get a very clear view as to why that is... People who tend to allow God to control an area as frightening as family size, tend to be the ones who also have strong beliefs that they want to pass onto their children and so they homeschool. It really does go with the territory as very few people who are not deeply faithful will have 6-10 children these days. We had our eighth last year and we do homeschool. :hugs:

slingmama4 01-26-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlsdMama (Post 6114447)
Re-frame the idea behind the question and you'll get a very clear view as to why that is... People who tend to allow God to control an area as frightening as family size, tend to be the ones who also have strong beliefs that they want to pass onto their children and so they homeschool. It really does go with the territory as very few people who are not deeply faithful will have 6-10 children these days. We had our eighth last year and we do homeschool. :hugs:

I totally agree.

SimpleAtHeart 01-26-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlsdMama (Post 6114447)

:agreed: