Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What do you (or your LO) call nursing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232038)

MommyMommyMommy 09-21-2007 10:55 PM

What do you (or your LO) call nursing?

I need a good name for nursing. What do you call it at your house? :goodvibes:

Ooey 09-21-2007 10:57 PM

Re: What do you (or your LO) call nursing?

I call it "nang-nang" and Whilder say "nay-nay" :D

jennyb 09-21-2007 10:58 PM

we never really called nursing by a certain name, but when my ds was old enough to talk he always pulled on my shirt and said "more" and "i want more" so i guess we called it "more" LOL

ms_hecubus 09-21-2007 10:59 PM

I say "Want some boob juice?" but I doubt that's going to catch on (outside my home, that is). :mrgreen:

Bunny 09-21-2007 11:03 PM

I called it nursing, and DS would sign "milk". :goodvibes:

imamama3 09-21-2007 11:45 PM

We call it milky or milky time! :)

zosiasmama 09-22-2007 12:11 AM

She calls it 'mo-mo" I don't know why but this is it!

topazdodge 09-22-2007 12:21 AM

We call it booba. So naturally, it was hilarious when the boobah dolls came out in Walmart when I was still nursing dd#1.

lulusmom 09-22-2007 02:22 AM

I started out calling it "nursey", and then switched to "num-nums." My dh refused to use those names, and instead just calls it "the boob."

mengmommy 09-22-2007 08:49 AM

I think we tried a few names like milky and num-nums, but ds picked nigh-nights by himself. We used to say nigh-nights for bedtime...which he would always nurse down for, so he equated the two.

connorsmama 09-22-2007 08:51 AM

I called it boob! "want some boob? hungry for some boob? lol.... and we call my son boobers!

bellamama 09-22-2007 08:58 AM

We call it snuggling. Now when bella wants to nurse she asks for snuggles

blessed-with-three 09-22-2007 08:59 AM

my kids call it milky (at home & in public). My DH refers to me as the milk-er :laugh: ??? not sure why or how it started.

YummyYarnAddict 09-22-2007 10:13 AM

My 5.5yo dd calls it "nursies" and my 14mo ds came up with his own name ... "eek a boos"! It totally took me by surprise but he LOVES to play "peek-a-boo." I usually wear a huge 3X t-shirt or sweatshirt to bed and the other night he was trying to make his way through all the fabric of my t-shirt to nurse and he sat up in frustration and said: "eek a boos is gone!" and since then he's referred to nursies as "eek a boos"! I think it's just the cutest thing. :giggle: Of course, my 5.5yo is all grumpy because he came up with something different all on his own.

AudreyNola 09-22-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharlaelizabeth (Post 1817695)
I called it nursing, and DS would sign "milk". :goodvibes:

ditto, although i'm still the only one signing. ds isn't there yet, but he understands me when i sign milk and say nurse.

kht2006 09-22-2007 11:52 AM

DD signs milk and has lately been saying nooo nooo, not to be confused with no no. I think she is trying to say nurse. It's too cute:)

Sabey-baby 09-22-2007 11:55 AM

nurse or nursing. lol. I pretty much just call things what they are.

ommelissa 09-22-2007 11:57 AM

My dd called it "nurse!" and then later "nurse one!" (as in the other one).
Two year old says, "taste the milk".
And I call it "ninny pie" with my youngest, or "pie" for short.
He loves the pie!

Rosella 09-22-2007 12:33 PM

I ask Margo if she's ready for yummies or for mama's milk. And otherwise we just call it boob time. It will be interesting to find out what she decides to call it when she can talk. :goodvibes:

kterese 09-22-2007 12:39 PM

We call it "B.B." It started as boob juice, but DS2 has always called my breasts "B.B.'s", so we switched it to BB juice. Now it's shortened to "BB".

meganne79 09-22-2007 12:58 PM

"nurses" DD even says it in her sleep LOL!

cooldrinkofwater 09-22-2007 01:18 PM

I would always ask my DS if he wanted to "nurse and nap." He started EARLY calling nursing and napping Na-Na time. That's what it was for his whole nursing experience--17 months.

Now with my DD, my son calls my boobs the bo-bos, so my DD needs her bo-bos. I think it's funny.

sjscnjs 09-22-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulusmom (Post 1818080)
I started out calling it "nursey", and then switched to "num-nums." My dh refused to use those names, and instead just calls it "the boob."

nursey or milkie

Griffinsmom 09-22-2007 02:07 PM

no name for it yet (G is 3 mo old). I just say "you hungry?"

a male friend of mine calls it the breastoraunt :laugh:

keeperof3angels 09-22-2007 02:19 PM

All my girls have called it nummies :)

alianora 09-22-2007 02:58 PM

we call it ama (ah-MA). we live in rural Alaska, and ama (Im misspelling it, I know) is the local language for nursing. Griffin, who is all of 5 months old, has already said it!

MatildasMum 09-22-2007 03:02 PM

Till doesn't "talk" yet but I say either "would you like to nurse?" or "would you like a little boobie?"

DH jokes that she's going to call me Boobie instead of Mom.

guysmama 09-22-2007 03:02 PM

We call it a variety of things! We sometimes call it "nursies" and DS calls it "neenees" a lot, though sometimes he goes "Boohbah" :laugh: We do sign "milk" followed by "eat", too.

Coady_Chaos 09-22-2007 03:15 PM

"Hungry?" That's basically it, lol.

4boys1girlforme 09-22-2007 05:47 PM

DS3 calls it booboo.

sahminaz 09-22-2007 05:56 PM

When i had my first dd 5.5 years ago, our neighor had a little girl who had just weaned at 2.5 yrs old. So when i was nursing dd around her the first time she said, my mommy's nursies are this big and showed me with her hands. She called them nursies so the name stuck. My dd could say sie sies so that is what she called them. Either sie sies or nursies. So dd 2 called them that and we say nursies to ds. But when i speak to him, i just say do you want to nurse?

mhr1406 09-22-2007 07:18 PM

Logan will say "hungy" (hungry) and if I ask ok what do you want Logan he will say nurse.

a_budravage 09-22-2007 07:20 PM

We say 'nursy' and use the sign for milk. :thumbsup:

JAMmama 09-22-2007 07:21 PM

Well my dd that nurses is not talking yet but my older dd refers to it as mama milk and my dh refers to it as the boob.

titania 09-22-2007 08:14 PM

now its 'nee-nee'. sometimes 'nee-nee milk'.

I Smile Because Of Them 09-22-2007 08:19 PM

Well my 2 1/2 year old just calls it "milk" but whenever my 4 mnth old is hungry it's "do you want the boobie?"

Delaney21 09-22-2007 08:43 PM

We call it nummies, nums, nummas. I even have a song for it :lostit: Nummy, nummy, nummy you've got nums in your tummy, nummies they taste so good! Its to the jingle of a commercial, but I can't remember which one it is!

MommyMurray2 09-22-2007 08:51 PM

well since we have a large family... we have three kiddos (3yr, 20mo, 6 wks) SIL1 has three kiddos (7yrs, 6yrs, 3yrs) and SIL2 has three kiddos (6yrs, 4 yrs, 21 mos) and she has one on the way (02/08) the only thing that they called it was BUBBIES...im not sure if i like that one for my youngest to call it (i only bfed my older two for a few weeks) i like milkies, but we usually say oh he wants the boob or what not... but everyone else calls them bubbies in our family so that will probably stick

LovnMyBoys 09-22-2007 10:02 PM

It's Mama milk here. More with my almost three year old though b/c the little one doesn;t say anything yet. When ds 1 was nursing he would mainly use the sign (occasionally mamilk was said). Now whenever ds2 is upset ds1 will quickly announce 'he needs Mama milk fast!'

Phooey 09-22-2007 10:09 PM

"having a hootie"
"nursing"
"need a boob"

My 2.5 year old daycare tells me when the baby cries that she needs to "drink yo boob".

Phooey on the buffet at Hooters