Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "20 Reasons I Did Not Circumcise My Son" (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1000088)

UnderTheStars 06-02-2010 10:44 PM

"20 Reasons I Did Not Circumcise My Son"

To intactivist mamas or anyone who may be on the fence - if you haven't seen this yet, you should!

20 Reasons I Did Not Circumcise My Son

I think it's an amazing source of info and just wanted to share. :)

iris0110 06-02-2010 10:47 PM

Re: "20 Reasons I Did Not Circumcise My Son"

Thank you for posting this. It is a great link.

elfimka 06-02-2010 11:23 PM

I'm reading this and crying. And I didn't even circumcise my boys.

MrsLiberty 06-03-2010 12:04 AM

Love it!!!

angbaby1 06-03-2010 04:40 AM

thanks for posting this!

nakedbabytoes 06-03-2010 06:35 AM

I couldn't get past the second reason.
I already feel incredibly badly for circ'ing my first son. I don't need some other mother on a blog calling me names because of it("chicken****"). Hopefully, it helps those who have yet to have a boy. For those of us that already faced that dilemma and regret the choice we made oh so long ago, it does nothing but puts one hand on the hip, wags the finger in the face and piles on the guilt.
Didn't need that. Thanks!

Like the info, didn't appreciate the guilt trip tho.

UnderTheStars 06-03-2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes (Post 10404284)
I couldn't get past the second reason.
I already feel incredibly badly for circ'ing my first son. I don't need some other mother on a blog calling me names because of it("chicken****"). Hopefully, it helps those who have yet to have a boy. For those of us that already faced that dilemma and regret the choice we made oh so long ago, it does nothing but puts one hand on the hip, wags the finger in the face and piles on the guilt.
Didn't need that. Thanks!

Like the info, didn't appreciate the guilt trip tho.

I'm sorry you felt that way :hugs: She definitely has a strong voice, though I have a feeling any non-circ site would load on the guilt for someone who regrets their decision. However I wanted to say that she didn't use the term "chicken****" to describe all mamas who circ'd, she was referring to those who send their babies away to have it done without going along because they couldn't handle watching it.

nakedbabytoes 06-03-2010 07:00 AM

Yah, I know mama, that was me. I didn't go with my son when he was circ'ed.

I didn't make the decision TO circ my son, but I didn't make the decision NOT to either. Circ'ing is the norm here(especially 9 plus years ago). You just did it.
BTW- We left our youngest intact not thru research but just thru thinking about it and talking it thru. We decided this time, didn't just DO anything.
Yes, blogger has a strong stance and that's fine. Her article just wasn't for me. I didn't like the tone and after the "chicken****" comment(she doesn't know me!!) I stopped reading. Didn't need anymore assumming things and making me feel worse than I already do.
I'm not sorry I feel this way. But I learned from it. I shut my browser window:)

MommytoR 06-03-2010 09:42 AM

Love this! Thanks for posting.

Pyrodjm 06-03-2010 10:08 AM

Thank you for posting this!

I like her in your face explanations.