Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Does your DC have school Monday? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100065)

CMamma 02-17-2007 09:46 PM

Does your DC have school Monday?

I know it's probably a stupid question, but I am sitting here looking at the school calendar & all the days that say NO SCHOOL for this month are marked & this monday isn't one of them. It wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that DH is starting back to work on Monday morning (after being off for 3 weeks to take care of me from me having a hysterectomy). My oldest was supposed to be dropped off at 7am for before care at preschool & then stay for aftercare as well.

So now I read a post about no mail & then I think oh crap, what about school??!! I have a horrible feeling that means that there is no school too... which is a bad thing for DH on his first day back at work for us to try & figure this out. I know it's my responsibility as a parent to have known this in advance, but I don't have a little calendar w/all the holidays on it so I didn't realize it was one & we've only had one day of school here in almost 2 weeks b/c of cold & snow.

TIA for answering the poll.

serena22304 02-17-2007 10:02 PM

Re: Does your DC have school Monday?

my kids are not in school yet, but my little sister doesnt have school on Monday

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 02-17-2007 10:18 PM

nope Cody has the day off, so does DH :)

mary.margaret 02-17-2007 10:22 PM

Does your son's school have a website? Maybe there would be information about it there.

CMamma 02-17-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mary.margaret (Post 736768)
Does your son's school have a website? Maybe there would be information about it there.

Nope.

whiterabbit 02-17-2007 10:25 PM

Could you just keep your son at home Monday even if there is school?

gfarley 02-17-2007 11:53 PM

It's President day which is a Federal Holiday. I believe most public schools have Federal holidays off. Here in New England we have an entire week off in February and President's day is always the first day.

Gwen

sheri_b 02-18-2007 12:16 AM

Ours were supposed to be off, but we had 2 bad weather days in January. So, they'll be goin g to school monday and also April 6. We're sad about that because ds was so excited about being out of school for his bday!

EasterBun 02-18-2007 12:50 AM

We don't get a holiday... DS has to go to school, and our make-up days are in April and May, so I know that isn't effecting anything. So if there's a holiday, it's not marked on the calendar - there's no days off for us in Feb.

cowmommy 02-18-2007 01:09 AM

My kids were supposed to be off Thurs and Monday plus Friday for an ISE day and they had to go Thurs and they will have to go tomorrow(monday) to make up for snow days.