Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DS pulling his foreskin back (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1005977)

jpicasso 06-11-2010 09:49 AM

DS pulling his foreskin back

DS is intact, he's going on 2 years old. Since birth his foreskin has been pretty tightly "fused" (if that is the correct word to use) with a very small opening just enough to pee.

Lately he has started playing with his penis, which is normal, but the last few days he has started pulling his foreskin back, so much so that he has actually opened it up quite a bit, to where I can see the tip of his penis. It looks very sore and red, and he says it hurts, yet he keeps pulling it back. I know I'm not suppose to be pulling it back, but is it OK for him to do it? Should I put any anti-biotic ointment on the tip? Is he pulling it too far if it's hurting him?

I'm not concerned so much about him playing with his penis and pulling the foreskin back, I just don't want him to hurt himself. This is my first boy, so I'm not really sure what is OK

mandyhoward 06-11-2010 11:23 AM

Re: DS pulling his foreskin back

I would just tell him to stop if it hurts. I've always heard that, if done by the owner of the penis, they won't pull it far enough/hard enough to really do any damage.

I'd be hesitant to put any antibiotic ointment on it for fear that it would cause an overgrowth of yeast.

nakedbabytoes 06-11-2010 01:25 PM

The head of the penis will look red or purpleish compaired to his foreskin, so it may be just fine. And kiddos that age often confuse the "hard on" sensation for "hurting" simply because it feels weird and they don't know what to call it.
But that being said, if you're worried something may be wrong, go see somebody. Bodies usually do best left alone but not always.

My son's favorite thing lately since he started PTing is to push his finger all the way into his foreskin. Like you would sticking your finger into a balloon opening.
Doesn't seem to bother him but I scratch my head!

jpicasso 06-12-2010 06:27 PM

Thanks mamas :) I guess I'm a little too worried, but sounds like it's nothing. I talked to DH's mom this morning, and she said both DH and his brother did the same thing around this age.

mommabritt 06-12-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes (Post 10474265)
The head of the penis will look red or purpleish compaired to his foreskin, so it may be just fine. And kiddos that age often confuse the "hard on" sensation for "hurting" simply because it feels weird and they don't know what to call it.
But that being said, if you're worried something may be wrong, go see somebody. Bodies usually do best left alone but not always.

My son's favorite thing lately since he started PTing is to push his finger all the way into his foreskin. Like you would sticking your finger into a balloon opening.

Im sure he wont hurt himself. If its hurting him, he will stop. I agree with the PP who said he may be confusing the terms...
I had to giggle at this because I have seen ALL of my boys do this (above, bolded), including my husband. He would KILL ME for saying that but its true. He is a major goofball and is always making me laugh. I dont know what made him do it but I almost peed my pants when I saw it.:giggle2:

jbaxter 06-13-2010 06:28 AM

He will stop if it gets to uncomfortable. :thumbsup: Its his penis and he can do with it what he wants Some of the things I have seen my 4 do with theirs makes me cringe

raelynn 06-13-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes (Post 10474265)

My son went through a stage where he did this too, before realizing he can pull it back and see the tip of the glans. He thinks it's just the coolest thing ever. LOL

I have also seen my son yank on his so hard it made me cringe but he laughs and says it doesn't hurt.

2boysmommy 06-13-2010 04:41 PM

Boys are such fun aren't they?! lol
I'm sure he's not hurting himself, I'd just leave it alone. But once they start playing with it, they really never stop.