Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What can I make with chicken and broc... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1007847)

HeatherlovesCDs 06-14-2010 10:33 AM

What can I make with chicken and broc...

I have chicken defrosted for tonight. I also have some broccoli. I have a couple of chicken broccoli things I make, but they all use cream of whatever soup. I don't have any soups. (Plus, I would love to find some that don't use them anyway.) I have basic staples around the house including cheddar cheese, pasta, and rice. But, we haven't been to the store in a while, so the ingredients need to be basic. Can anyone help me out?

If I don't get anything for these, I'll make my old stand by...Chicken Parmesan and I'll make the broccoli as a side. We have had a lot of Italiany things in the last week so I'd like something new.

ETA - I have cream of chicken soup! I'm hoping to find something that doesn't use any soups, but I have that if I can't find something without. :)

keonli 06-14-2010 10:37 AM

Re: What can I make with chicken and broc...

Stir fries! Do you have soy sauce? You could also make it without...just use lots of garlice sauteed in oil to coat it.

HeatherlovesCDs 06-14-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keonli (Post 10494028)
Stir fries! Do you have soy sauce? You could also make it without...just use lots of garlice sauteed in oil to coat it.

That sounds good and I always have soy sauce, but I don't have many other veggies...we haven't been to store since last week. I do always have onions around. I usually have celery and carrot too, but I don't right now. :( Oh! And, I just used all my garlic in so meatballs on Saturday. Man...we are running low! :blush:

I'm searching recipes and everything I am finding has cream soups. Urrr...

crystalanne79 06-14-2010 01:02 PM

without any other veggies it's still good as chicken and broccoli! I simmer it up with tons of garlic (I keep dehydrated garlic in the house) and some soya sauce and serve with rice. So good!

2queens&1princenmyhouse 06-14-2010 01:03 PM

You could make your own cream of chicken soup and then cut up the chicken, broccoli add cheese and cooked rice. I think it would make a good casserole.

Here is the cream of something soup link.

rosefall 06-14-2010 01:24 PM

I like to pound out a chicken breast so it's about 1/4 inch thick (our butterfly it if you're short on time or need the house quiet), then stuff with a mixture of broccoli and cheddar cheese. I butter a pan and sprinkle some bread crumbs in, roll the chicken breasts, secure with a toothpick and set in the pan, then sprinkle with more breadcrumbs and bake on 350 until cooked through.

Riley-Madison 06-14-2010 01:26 PM

ohh but a box of delux mac n cheese. cook the chicken and brok stir in with the mac

WhiteRockMom 06-14-2010 01:32 PM

Super easy and VERY tasty!!

Creamy Chicken and Rice Bake

HeatherlovesCDs 06-14-2010 05:35 PM

I made this...http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Creamy-...li/Detail.aspx

I know I said I didn't want anything with soups, but it used cream cheese and I had some I wanted to use up. So, it fit the bill. The family liked it. :D

I'm very proud of myself lately. I've become very good at coming up with things on the fly. :giggle:

mommyof3monsters 06-15-2010 02:52 PM

If you have a veggie steamer - DH loves chicken and broccli in the steamer ( usually chicken about 20-23 mins cut into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces) seasoned with whatever you like seasoning wise salt pepper etc , and then shredded cheese on top the kids devour it too , served with some rice its a fairly complete meal.