Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Anyone heard of NannyCare Goat Milk formula? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013727)

nicole999 06-22-2010 02:19 PM

Anyone heard of NannyCare Goat Milk formula?

Anyone heard of NannyCare Goat Milk formula? It's sold in the UK but I can't find a retailer for North America. Anyone know where to get it? I'm starting solids in a month and plan to make my own baby food and need a formula I can add to purees but my LO is sensitive to dairy and soy.

mmjones13 06-22-2010 02:29 PM

Re: Anyone heard of NannyCare Goat Milk formula?

have u tried the homemade formula recipe online? maybe u can substitute with goat's milk if it calls for cow's milk.

CherryPie 06-22-2010 08:00 PM

I was googling around for it a few months ago and but couldn't find anywhere that shipped to the US/Canada either.

eta: while googling I read that they no longer can call it formula anymore and they have to sell it as "milk powder"

twolittlebeans 06-22-2010 08:20 PM

Just curious...are you nursing? You could pump some milk and keep it to mix in maybe? I would also say, if you don't want to pump some milk, that if you are just using it to add a little bit to your purees you could easily, and simply purchase some regular liquid goat milk (meyenberg) sold at grocery stores. At our store its in the health foods section. It would not hurt baby a bit, it just would not have all of the fortification that a formula might have.

Oh, you can also thin purees with water or juice as options as well ;)

nicole999 06-23-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twolittlebeans (Post 10561341)
Just curious...are you nursing? You could pump some milk and keep it to mix in maybe? I would also say, if you don't want to pump some milk, that if you are just using it to add a little bit to your purees you could easily, and simply purchase some regular liquid goat milk (meyenberg) sold at grocery stores. At our store its in the health foods section. It would not hurt baby a bit, it just would not have all of the fortification that a formula might have.

Oh, you can also thin purees with water or juice as options as well ;)

I am BF'ing but never seem to be able to pump much (it takes me about 20 minutes to get one ounce). I was planning on just using water or a hydroginalized (?sp) formula but someone recommended Nanny Care....Maybe I will try goat milk instead, thanks for the suggestion.

twolittlebeans 06-23-2010 03:42 PM

Oh, misery. I was never a good pumper either!! Yeah, I wouldn't make it hard on yourself. Thinning purees requires such a small amount of liquid that I really do think the goat milk would be fine if you want to add more nutritional value than just water or organic, pure juice would be great as well! You can buy goat milk in regular liquid form or, I just saw it in powdered form if you want the ability to just mix up a very small amount at a time. :)

rohirette 06-23-2010 04:30 PM

I imported Nanny Care for my DD. I bought a couple of cans while preg, JIC. I ended up using it at 5.5 months when I couldn't pump enough anymore.

It was GREAT stuff. Didn't stink, tasted OK even to me, she rarely spit up, and her poo didn't stink as badly as later when we started Similac. Supposedly made from grass fed goat's milk, which was important to me. If I had any reason to believe I couldn't nurse a newb, I would buy a pallet of it.

If I was just using a little formula, I wouldn't go to all of the effort. Just source some local goat's milk.

I can look up who shipped the Nanny Care to me, if anyone is interested. The price was high but not astronomical, about like buying Alimentum.

cupcakewright 06-23-2010 05:16 PM

I have never used formula for any of my kids when introducing solids. I used water from the tap, or the water off of the veggies I steamed, never formula!

abigailsmommy 03-22-2011 09:47 PM

This message is for Rohirette (hope I spelled it right)!

I just joined this evening after searching high and low for any information on how to get Nanny Care Goat Milk Powder (formula). I have a sweet baby girl named Abigail and she is almost 7 months. I have had a very tough time breastfeeding and persevered all these months, taking Domperidone to increase my supply, nursing non stop, using herbs and homeopathy, plus pumping with an electric pump. I nursed her exclusively up until now, when I just got my cycle 10 days ago. Two days ago, all of a sudden (it's hormonal, related to getting my period) my milk supply has dropped significantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to pump at night to give her a bottle at dinner time when I have next to nothing, and now I am barely getting 2 oz and the letdown doesn't happen for about 20 minutes. I am so tired of this and I can't starve her any longer. She is eating solids but the milk is running out when she breastfeeds at the other feedings, too, and she comes off crying and crying, "Boob! Boob!" (her name for breastmilk! :)

My son had issues with formula and this time around I wanted to breastfeed exclusively. Unfortunately, nature has decided that I must supplement, I think. Aside from giving her straight goat's milk, I have read and seen so much online about the wonders of Nanny Care Goat Milk Powder. I live in Canada and have searched for the last hour online to see if I can get it shipped here, but so far I haven't had luck until I saw your post. Where did you get it from? Please share! I sent you a request for a contact or whatever just to try and email you to find this out (not sure how this site works, just joined).

I am not a weirdo, just a concerned mom who wants the best for her little girl. I had another baby girl named Charlotte 20 months ago, on July 23, 2009, who passed away when I was in labour, and after that heartbreak we got pregnant with my rainbow baby Abby. She is my last baby. I want to nurse her so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also want to make sure that if I absolutely HAVE to supplement (still holding off as long as I can), that it is with the best stuff and the healthiest available.

Thanks so much.
:) Abigailsmommy

notinoz 04-08-2011 09:10 PM

Amazon.co.uk has it listed. They shipping look expensive but they do ship to the US at least.