Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Any other bedresters? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014219)

ZooMamaTo3 06-23-2010 05:47 AM

Any other bedresters?

Hi Ladies! I was in here a few months ago and introduced myself, popped in once or twice on the GD thread but was too busy to get back to post anything else. Well, last week at 29 weeks I was hospitalized due to a heavy bleed from a complete previa :cry:. Lucky for me, I was released 3 days later, but I'm on strict bedrest at home now. It has only been a week and a half and I'm already :banghead: Looking at 7 or so more weeks of this is going to send me over the edge:lostit:

So, any other bedresting ladies have suggestions of how to pass the time? And how to help my girls deal with mommy not being able to do anything? Or just want to chat?

apurkeyp 06-23-2010 08:48 AM

Re: Any other bedresters?

Hi!
I am on complete bedrest in the hospital due to preterm labor and a paper thin lower uterine segment. I am here until I deliver. Today I am 31 weeks and 2 days. They won't let me go past 34 weeks. So 18 more days.
I feel like I am going to go absolutely crazy. They have me on Magnesium Sulfate to stop contractions which isn't working entirely so they give me Terbutaline every 6 hours. I am sure that they have a corner on the market of torture. I know this is what is best for my baby but it sure is hard.
I also have two little girls. They are 4 and 2 and have had to start going to full time daycare which is something we have never done. My husband is trying to work until the baby is born. This pregnancy has been so hard on our little family but I\ firmly believe that we aren't given more than we can handle and that after all is said and done we get a prize at the end.
Hope you can hang in there. Keep us updated.

AcrossTheUniverse 06-23-2010 09:22 AM

:goodvibes:

Dorothy'smom 06-23-2010 10:04 AM

Another bedrester here! This is my 3rd bedrest pregnancy, and I did 7.5 of those weeks in the hospital. I have about 2 more weeks of bedrest. I have a weak cervix and contractions, but he said at 34 weeks I can get up :). I watch movies, read books, play around on the computer, do some little art projects, and generally try to think of anything I can do laying down. I even have to eat laying down!! I have been cheating on that one once in a while in the past week b/c I am getting further along (32 weeks yesterday). It's so hard, but so worth it. I had 23 weeks of bathroom and shower only bedrest with my first daughter, but in the end I was just happy that she was big and healthy at the end of it all! Hang in there and try to keep in mind that it's temporary. The last couple of weeks tend to be the hardest for me, but I remind myself of why I am doing it to get myself through.

ZooMamaTo3 06-23-2010 03:17 PM

Thanks for the replies mamas! You guys are making me feel better about this time ahead of me. I just keep reminding myself that bedrest for me is better than a long stay in the NICU for the baby. I had two completely uneventful pregnancies before so this is all new territory for me. I feel like I am so underprepared for this girl to come home and now I can't do anything. DH has been awesome, I'm just feeling a little guilty that he has all this responsibility piled on him all of a sudden.

AcrossTheUniverse 06-24-2010 01:25 PM

Dorothy'smom 06-24-2010 03:08 PM

Wow, Heather, it's so close now! Can't wait to see pics!

ZooMamaTo3 06-25-2010 05:27 AM

Good Luck next week, Heather! I hope everything goes without a hitch so you can meet your new little man and see your other LOs again ASAP!

Things are going well here today. I completely know what you mean about losing track of the days. Yesterday was our 4 year wedding anniversary and I almost forgot! It was really hard for me not to be able to do anything with/for DH, but we made the most of what we could. I'm starting to find that I am soooo tired, assuming because I'm not doing anything all day. I'm really trying not to sleep all day though, I don't want to get my nights and days mixed up.

AcrossTheUniverse 06-25-2010 09:36 AM

Dorothy'smom 06-25-2010 11:02 AM

I am really tired as well! I'm not normally a napper, but find myself falling asleep pretty easily.