Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2nd Go at CD'ing...Flip or GroVia for 20mos old? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1025440)

MoeFam 07-09-2010 09:15 AM

2nd Go at CD'ing...Flip or GroVia for 20mos old?

We CD'd for eight monbths before the laundry just killed me. I have a front loader that isn't the best for diapers and when he transitioned to table foods I just gave up. It has been on my heart to give it a go again- but I sold my entire stash of BG 3.0's on Craigslist. I can make my own wipes and wet bags, but I want an easy diaper with an option for a disposable insert. Are either of these diapers a good choice for us?

Zabibaby 07-09-2010 09:17 AM

Re: 2nd Go at CD'ing...Flip or GroVia for 20mos old?

GroVia all the way.

Emmasmum 07-09-2010 09:24 AM

I found Gro Baby (now gro via) to be cut on the small side so you might be better going with the Flips (although I haven't tried them myself yet) since your LO is 20 mths old

LaurelBelle 07-09-2010 10:09 AM

Flips will give you more use, as they are cut bigger. My son (19m) is on the med rise of Flips, largest rise of GroVia. I really love my GroBaby's though!! So easy to use!

Lovinmama3 07-09-2010 10:16 AM

We love both in my house! Flips are bigger, but don't have the option of velcro which is needed in my house for daddy and daycare. I like that the GroVia's are more narrow through the crouch (but since you have an older LO that probably don't matter as much). I would say get one of each to try out. I would get the GroVia sheels because they are made with a higher rise than GroBaby ones. Good luck!

deanaparthur 07-09-2010 10:46 AM

Flips - they will fit your 20 mo old till PL and are super easy. My 2.5yr old outgrew BGOS which isnt uncommon at that age or sooner. GroVia are similar cut if not smaller than BGOS.

momof3boys1girl 07-09-2010 10:48 AM

i would say flips but a few weeks ago i rec some grovia and :wub: them

littleleaf 07-09-2010 11:20 AM

I haven't tried the Flip cover, but I bought 2 of the organic cotton inserts, and they're quite nice and absorbent. I do think the Grobaby/Grovia system is easier, though, cause you just have to snap in the soaker (rather than folding and stuffing like the Flip system). You can also use regular prefolds in either cover, but I think prefolds will stay still better for diaper changes in the Flip cover because you can tuck in the sides.

We have Grobaby (the predecessor to Grovia), and my 18 month old is in the smallest setting (he is about average for his age). I love love love the soft aplix, and the high cut on the thigh is perfect! I'm personally not a huge fan of snapping covers, but that's just me. I have one Grovia shell, and they've actually added a bit of width and rise to it... I'm guessing some people complained about them running a bit small.

wackifamily 07-09-2010 12:40 PM

MOST DEFINITELY FLIPS!!! I have tried them all on my 23 month DS (32 lbs) and FLIPS are by far the best. I have bought even more covers so that I don't have to launder every night (although I dont mind the laundry). I use the organic inserts ( as I feel the stay dry's hold stink) and Thirsties duohempprefolds (SOOOOO SOFT AND ABSORBENT!) I did not like the grobaby at all and they left terrible deep red marks on my LO inner thigh. No fun. Anyways, I pray you find one that works for your LO. :0)

-Colleen- 07-09-2010 01:44 PM

That's such a tough one!! I also happen to adore the gro-via, but I also really like the flip. The flip does give you a bit more flexibility for using other inserts (e.g. Thirsties stay dry duo I like way better than flip stay-dry) and as littleleaf noted it's easy to tuck things into the flip cover. But hrm, I'd probably go gro-via if I had to choose ;)