Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I'm so disappointed... my first bad experience with Cotton Babies (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1027160)

penny1 07-11-2010 08:15 PM

I'm so disappointed... my first bad experience with Cotton Babies

A couple of weeks ago, I sent in a few bum genius OS dipes under warranty due to defective velcro. I have a bunch of dipes that I purchased at the same time. They were all worn the same amount of times and treated exactly the same. All washed per manufacturer recommendations and line dried. Yet, only the few dipes I returned had failing velcro. All the other dipes still appear brand new.

Cotton Babies quickly agreed to replace the defective dipes. I just opened my package and they were clearly replaced with factory seconds! I can't believe they did this. What's the point in replacing a defective item for another defective item? If I wanted a factory second, I wouldn't have paid for a first quality diaper. I am so angry right now. I just had to vent.

Anybody else have this happen? You better bet I'll be contacting them tomorrow.

shannon658 07-11-2010 08:31 PM

Re: I'm so disappointed... my first bad experience with Cotton Babies

Wow, that's irritating - how can you tell that they're factory seconds, out of curiosity?

keen1981 07-11-2010 08:34 PM

They are marked. I think with a black x on their tag :(

tygr2410 07-11-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981 (Post 10707795)
They are marked. I think with a black x on their tag :(

i ordered some seconds once and they were tagged the same way my firsts were..no black line, no cut tag..:headscratch:

but OP that is irritating and not good practice..

Maverick's Mama 07-11-2010 08:38 PM

Sounds like a mistake. They can't replace your first quality diapers with seconds. I would call them and give them a chance to make it better- if none of the regular people will help go to Jenn directly or Jimmy.

chasing blue 07-11-2010 08:39 PM

hmmm is it possible they are just marked that way so they would know if you tried to send them back again?

I would try and get into contact with them over the phone if possible.

sjanea74 07-11-2010 09:00 PM

I would contact them and inquire about it. But, with the new 4.0s coming out they may be limited on what's left for the 3.0s and what their options are to replace it. I would hope they aren't out yet, but just thought I'd mention that possibility. :hugs:

jaelynsmommy61607 07-11-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjanea74 (Post 10707975)
I would contact them and inquire about it. But, with the new 4.0s coming out they may be limited on what's left for the 3.0s and what their options are to replace it. I would hope they aren't out yet, but just thought I'd mention that possibility. :hugs:

That may be the case since they only have 3 colors left on their website.

penny1 07-11-2010 09:24 PM

They were marked with the big black X. I am assuming that was all that was left in the white. However, if that's the case, I wish someone would have contacted me to confirm that it would be ok to send a second quality item.

Until now, I've always had great experiences with Cotton Babies. I have bought many factory seconds from them in the past without incident. However, these were originally first quality. I didn't pay for seconds. I prefer it to be replaced with another first quality dipe, even if it's a different color.

I plan on contacting them tomorrow. Thanks for letting me vent.

Maverick's Mama 07-11-2010 09:48 PM

It seems to me that they *should* have enough 3.0's in stock to keep to their warranty. They have an obligation to you, who bought first quality diapers, to replace your diapers with first quality diapers. If they don't have 3.0's on hand then the next reasonable step would be for them to send first quality 4.0's. They are obligated to adhere to their warranty until the year warranty is up. Period. So it has to be a mistake of some kind.