Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mamas of only's or only's for now who are PT or close to it... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1027757)

3 ladybugs 07-12-2010 04:08 PM

Mamas of only's or only's for now who are PT or close to it...

What do you use for a "diaper bag"? I have been using my purse recently and it doesn't seem to be working really well. It is hard to divide things in the big hole. I like to keep a change of clothes for DS just in case. And room for a cup would be very great!

Maybe my purse just isn't big enough or the right type? :headscratch:

tiffsnest 07-12-2010 04:19 PM

Re: Mama's of only's or only's for now who are PT or close to it...

I carried a giant hobo bag, and kept all of my son's stuff in a small zipper bag, so it was separate, but easy to grab out... :)

Gerdgrid 07-12-2010 04:27 PM

I keep DS's stuff in a Fleurville Escape Pod. I'm not sure you could get a cup in there, though.

nakedbabytoes 07-12-2010 05:46 PM

I use a Patemm pad with a change of clothes.
My son carries his sippy everywhere!

I know you asked for onlies but I think mine are far apart enough in age that I don't need to carry my oldest's stuff in a diaperbag. Lol!

BerryBlues 07-12-2010 05:51 PM

I use a reusable shopping bag i got from the Disney store. I keep a change of clothes, wipes, snacks, juice (to refill sippy), and whatever else my son has "packed" before we Left the house.
I keep it in the car in case i need whats in it. Other wise I take what I need from that bag and put it in my purse for quick trips in the store.

smashncakes 07-12-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffsnest (Post 10713909)
I carried a giant hobo bag, and kept all of my son's stuff in a small zipper bag, so it was separate, but easy to grab out... :)

that's what I did as well. Now I have one totally potty learned and a younger that's starting to potty learn and I'm doing the same thing. I just keep a spare change of clothes in the car for my older kiddo in case there's a spill or something. DS also had one of those toddler size backpacks when he was PL'ing and we would occasionally pack a spare change of clothes in there & let him carry it around if he wanted to :)

Indianamom*2 07-14-2010 01:08 PM

Re: Mamas of only's or only's for now who are PT or close to it...

I still use my Vera Bradley large backpack. It works great. I still carry pull ups for the naps and accidents as well as a couple changes of clothes and panties, wipes and all her medications (inhalers, aerochamber), cup, my wallet, cell, keys etc. It fits everything and then some.

Im getting ready to get the VB Stephanie bag though for short trips when I just need a pull up, panties, 1 change of clothes, meds, and my essentials.

eracheld 07-14-2010 04:27 PM

I use my purse, it is a small purse and I just shove a clean pair of undies and pants in there, as well as Thomas the train (can't leave the house without Thomas ya know?). He is past the point of needing snacks and a sippy cup, and he never asks for them.

iris0110 07-14-2010 05:26 PM

My boys are both potty learned but when I was down to just Tharen and he was mostly potty learned I made him carry his own small back pack. Kearnan also had his own (not for potty issues but because he gets seriously car sick). I put in a change of clothes, extra undies and a handful of flushable wipes (cottonel wipes). It is convenient for potty accidents as well as dinner mishaps or upset tummy mishaps. I still have both of the boys carry a small pack when we are going to be out all day or spend a lot of time in a car. Kearnan hasn't had a car sick episode in quite a while but you never know, and though Tharen is fully potty learned he is a sloppy eater and every once in a while he gets distracted enough that he can't make it to the potty in time. Tharen's bag came from The Children's place. It is a back pack style with draw string closure and it is wet proof because it was meant to be a small beach bag.