Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   single parents/non-traditional families forum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1032615)

3rockstars 07-19-2010 04:42 PM

single parents/non-traditional families forum

I'd like to formally request a single parents forum here at DS. Due to the high number of single parents here at DS, I think that this type of forum is warranted here. Being a single parent has it's own set of challenges both financially, mentally, and emotionally. Within the last few months there has been at LEAST one thread every few days pertaining to custody and visitation issues, separating from one's husband/wife, or thinking of leaving one's husband/wife. I think that it would be easier if there was a separate forum for us single parents to frequent for answers to our questions and for us to brainstorm positive solutions to the problems that plague us regarding finances, going back to school, custody issues, dating again with kids, etc. I've been hoping for this for a LONG time here at DS being single with 3 children for 2 1/2 years now and I'm really really praying that the powers that be will grant the wish.

ETA: I think it's the general consensus that a non-traditional famlies forum would be the most inclusive and beneficial forum to the DS community.

mbleblanc 07-19-2010 04:50 PM

Re: single parents forum

This would be so great! Being a single parent is a very different situation then parenting with a DH/DW. It would be a great place for all us single mommys/daddys to go for support and advice.

VinhThiMom 07-19-2010 04:54 PM

I do see the need for it, since I frequent OT and see those threads a lot. I'll bring it up with Admin. Though I will say, they have said no new forums, so it may not happen. I'll make sure they see this, though.

mommy2kaitlyn 07-19-2010 04:54 PM

I would love this! I am newly single and would love support of those that have been there done that. Also support others to. I know I will be full of questions in this upcoming year. :)

TalkinBoutMyGirl 07-19-2010 05:16 PM

I'm all about this too seeing as I am newly single and have no clue what I am doing a lot of the time! Why did they say no more new forums?

mbleblanc 07-19-2010 05:19 PM

I really hope they make an exception for this forum. There are a lot of forums on here that are way less important then a single parent forum would be.

penelope picklebottom 07-19-2010 05:30 PM

I am not a single parent, but I fully support these mamas (dads too) and I think an exception shoud be made. They are doing the hardest job ever, by themselves, and a little support goes a long way.......... just sayin:goodvibes:

TalkinBoutMyGirl 07-19-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbleblanc (Post 10768661)
I really hope they make an exception for this forum. There are a lot of forums on here that are way less important then a single parent forum would be.

That's what I was thinking!

steely_cass 07-19-2010 08:23 PM

I'd love one too! I'm still near the beginning of my single parent journey and I've gotten tons of advice from the moms here at DS. I'm sure I'll have tons more questions as I continue on, but I feel like I've gained knowledge and experience I could pass on as well.

mama2twins 07-19-2010 08:27 PM

Amen! Can we have one? Please? Pretty please???