Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I need some serious help! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1032704)

Riley-Madison 07-19-2010 07:55 PM

I need some serious help!

alright. we have been eating out WAY too much ( worst part is we dont really have the money for it)
so in order to deture us from eating out so much. im planning out all of our meals and weiting them down on a weekly calendar. so there is no daily temptation to go out. its already been planned. sound good?
now heres where im stuck. i have all of the lunches planned and the grocery list made for that. But i need to find recipies for dinner. i normally dont cook much so my resources are limited.
i made a list with the kids of all of the fruits, veggis, entrees ( well ideas0 and sides that the kids like. i would like to find a website where i can type in say mac n cheese and it will give me different recipies. or all chicken recipies.
does anyone know of a good one?

thanks!

momtomy3 07-20-2010 10:51 AM

Re: I need some serious help!

www.cooks.com

vjbakke 07-20-2010 12:25 PM

allrecipes.com

Michelle_M 07-20-2010 01:03 PM

I did this yummy new recipe this weekend and it was a hit.

In a food processor or blender, combine:
1/2 cup of plain non-fat yogurt
1/4 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 a small red onion chopped
1/4 cup of lime juice

Pour into a gallon ziplock bag or into a large storage container. Add 4 chicken breasts. Refridgerate at least an hour, but up to 8 hours. Be sure to turn chicken at least once during the marinading time.

In the meantime, mix the tomatoe avacado salsa.

In a bowl combine:
4 Roma tomatoes, chopped (or 12-16 cherry tomatoes cut into halves or quarters... I quartered the cherry tomatoes)
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1/2 - 1 jalepino pepper, diced (more or less per your spicey preference)

Measure out 1/4 cup of lime juice.
Cut up 1/2 a ripe avacado, sprinkle with 2 TBS of the lime juice.
Add to the salsa mixture, toss, then pour in the remaining lime juice, and toss again. Place in the fridge

Grill your chicken over medium high heat. Serve with the salsa.

I made brown rice and vegetables to go with this chicken. It was soo good. Even my picky DH enjoyed it!

Also, Recipezar.com is a great place to find recipes.

God bless!

LadybugMonkey 07-20-2010 01:09 PM

I second allrecipes.com

Also kraftrecipes.com has some really yummy, quick easy recipes.

Hellga 07-20-2010 02:48 PM

I second recipezaar. They have the best layout I've found, and I love the reviews that let me know how the food comes out!

petuniajo 07-21-2010 12:06 PM

I use the recipes from kraftfoods.com a lot. They are really easy, and they have TONS of reviews!