Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sleeping through the night (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10338)

MamaMel 05-31-2006 11:11 AM

Sleeping through the night

This might sound silly but does anyone NOT want there DC to sleep through the night? MY DD is 11 weeks and I don't want her to sleep through the night yet. It just means she needs me less and shes to little to not need me. And I love when she wakes up in the middle of the night puts her head towards my chest and wants to eat. I always latch her on stroke her head and watch her eat and fall back asleep. But one night she slept from 11 till 7 and that made me really sad. I guess night time is DD and I's time together. During the day Im chasing DS around and teaching him everything I can it just feels like DD gets put aside a lot during the day KWIM? I guess Im CRAZY! :lostit:

wbkt8 05-31-2006 11:39 AM

Re: Sleeping through the night

:laugh: well, you might get your wish! dd is 20 months and doesn't sleep through. but ikwym....it is bittersweet sometimes to realize that they don't need you as much as they used to.

4boys4me 05-31-2006 11:41 AM

Well, when I nursed I didn't mind him waking at night but when you bottle feed it feels like they don't need you anyway, kwim.. I nursed my ds for 7 1/2 months and I was ok with it but he is now on formula and well.. he sleeps all night for the most part but when he does wake for a bottle I get sad cause he can do it all on his own,lol.. I love my kids,lol

Lucky Child 05-31-2006 11:44 AM

I always welcome sleeping through the night lol I'm tired.
What I have done is put the kiddos on kind of opposite daytime sleep schedules... that way I have time with Tyler and Bailey alone (at least 1.5 hours each) during the day. That may help... don't know how old your ds is though

Shannon 05-31-2006 11:46 AM

LOL...My DD is 18 months and still won't sleep all through the night yet...it drives me crazy since she doesn't even nurse anymore...she just doesn't like to sleep in her own bed.

Carrie 05-31-2006 11:55 AM

Just enjoy those nighttime moments when you have them. Baby and mama both need sleep!

stephdpn 05-31-2006 12:16 PM

Can't say I've had that feeling as I haven't slept thru the night since I found out I was PG with DD, and that was over 5 years ago!!!!!!!

MamaMel 05-31-2006 01:07 PM

Well I guess I might feel different some time down the road but a lot of moms want their babies sleeping through the night young and even are proud that their babies are sleeping through the night at like 6 - 8 weeks. I just have sad feelings about her doing it so young. Like I mentioned she is only 11 weeks. I'm just not ready for her to grow up. With DS I wanted him to do everything right away. I learned my lesson and now I just want her to need me as DS doesn't need me as much anymore

DakotasMommy 05-31-2006 02:06 PM

I hear ya mama mel. last night, for the first time, my son slept from 10 pm until 5 am w/o waking. when I woke up to fix hubbys lunch, I realized that he hadnt woken up. Of course... being a paraniod mama, I immediately went to his room and touched his little chest to make sure he was breathing (hes 5 months old, but I still worry about sids). Its almost sad to know he dont need me at night. :(

hfitz5051 05-31-2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephdpn
Can't say I've had that feeling as I haven't slept thru the night since I found out I was PG with DD, and that was over 5 years ago!!!!!!!

Ditto! Even my 3 year old gets up most nights lol. Now, I do get sad about other things though, eating solids, crawling, standing... :cry: My baby is almost one! :cry: Now you got me started! :cry: :cry: