Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   $ no issue, what do i buy nb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1034381)

patooty 07-21-2010 10:22 PM

$ no issue, what do i buy nb

what is your must have nb dipe?

Apple_Dumplin 07-21-2010 10:38 PM

Re: $ no issue, what do i buy nb

My favorite is the fitteds from diaper drive thu on hyena cart. I got 6 of the bigger of her two sizes... and now wish I had gotten a lot more of those. They are really reasonably prices, and super cute & soft. I know she was closed for customs for awhile though, but opened some up recently. No idea if they have already sold out though or not. My DD was 11 lbs at birth though, and some of the most recommended NB fitteds just are not going to last too long. I also really love thirsties covers! Now that baby is bigger, she is fitting in our BG organic OS AIO's really well, and I'm hoping to switch her over.

aLittleBouncingSoul 07-21-2010 10:38 PM

I would go with lil' joeys :wub:

eragsdale 07-21-2010 10:42 PM

nb fitteds: mutts with contour soakers (6-15lbs)
nb ai2s: littleboppers (6-15lbs)

xs/s: fleece soakers/shorties with cuffs
xs/s: thirstie covers

faiths13 07-21-2010 10:55 PM

I would buy medium babyshapes Muttaqin Baby fitteds. They actuall fit my nb better than nb fitteds and they are so super stretchy they will fit much, much longer than a nb fitted. Plus they are super cute. Or I would just get a bunch of nb prefolds for the first couple of months with some nb wool and wool sleep sacks, then stock up on some small or one size fitteds for when the baby outgrows the prefolds. Even if money is no object, I still want to get the most out of what I buy. My friend has an almost 3 week old and the Gro Baby's are working great for them.

susansabrina 07-21-2010 10:57 PM

Turned and top stitched Tinkle Traps!

tjsacosta 07-21-2010 11:01 PM

NB Swaddlebees fitteds and Tinkle Traps are excellent! , then I would move to small GADS pockets. I did this with DD then moved to Kawaii OS pockets and it has been wonderful!

jsmith 07-21-2010 11:13 PM

Everything mama... everything! :giggle2:
I so wish I was in your shoes right now! Money no issue! :drif: I would go on the FSOT and just go wild trying different ones. I love Patooshie pants but she's not making them anymore I believe. So soft.

nicandboys 07-21-2010 11:27 PM

I would get Elbee baby, Little Caboose, and Little Boppers newborn and small fitteds. (Well, Little Caboose would be newborn and then size 1, and Little Boppers goes from newborn to medium).

Then I would get tons of newborn and small wool- custom longies and sweater sets, knit rompers, and some newborn wool sleep sacks.

I'd also get some wool interlock pants with matching shirts. And some WAHM made shirts to match the longies.

And some Firefly easy wool covers, Loveybums wool covers, and hand knit wool soakers for under regular clothes.

Laydiebugs 07-22-2010 01:44 AM

ALL of my covers would be Imse Vimse wool wraps ("bumpy wool").

We could have bought anything we wanted but I chose to go with flats anyway. For the newborn stage, going through so many diapers a day, it makes the laundry so much easier. And they can be folded every which-a-way so you don't need to know in advance whether your little one has skinny legs or a big belly.

Now at 2 months we're adding some fancier diapers but the core will remain flats because they're just so easy.