Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mucus plug- tmi-picture (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041272)

champatlife 07-31-2010 06:12 PM

Mucus plug- tmi-picture

So, I never lost my mucus plug with my first pregnancy... or didn't lose it until I was in labor in a hospital bed so I never saw it. So, I have googled pictures in the past and this was totally not what I was expecting it to look like at all! I was thinking more slimey, boogery,thick, white, with blood. So I started googling today when I found something similar to this only bigger came out of me. (EWW I know- sorry) and a lot of sites described it at "jelly like" or "gelatenous"....

here's the only picture I could find online that resembled "mine"... did yours look like this?

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...IMG_0003-3.jpg

At first it was coming out in fragments as I was wiping and I was thinking, "eww, why does this keep coming and coming" and then I wiped and looked and there was a ping pong ball size similar looking textured glob to the above picture.

tygr2410 07-31-2010 06:25 PM

Re: Mucus plug- tmi-picture

ick...but normal i'm assuming lol! Mine mostly looked like snot, which is also ick

kej 07-31-2010 06:37 PM

I couldn't look at the photo (ewww) but mine looked like a huge thing of snot.

lms43005 08-01-2010 12:11 AM

Mine was gel/slime like tinged brown & a few streaks of blood..gross! lol

mrspnut82 08-01-2010 01:13 AM

GAG. It can, and I would imagine that would be the only thing looking like that lol. If there is blood it's called bloody show and labor is probably close. If it's just your plug it could still be a while and it can come out in pieces or blobs :yuck:.

AmandaRenee 08-01-2010 09:48 AM

Okay, I just have to say that is so gross, but I'm glad to know what a mucus plug looks like...because that was not what I was expecting at all. :giggle:

champatlife 08-01-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrspnut82 (Post 10865868)
GAG. It can, and I would imagine that would be the only thing looking like that lol. If there is blood it's called bloody show and labor is probably close. If it's just your plug it could still be a while and it can come out in pieces or blobs :yuck:.

haha. I was joking around with my husband and said, "either I lost my mucus plug or you gave me an std and I'm pissed!"

I only have 4 days til my due date. So I'm getting excited about it because I'm actually dialating and effacing on my own and now this... and with my first pregnancy. She was induced 2 and a half weeks late and hadn't dialated or effaced at all til they made it happen with induction.

Jaxence 08-01-2010 01:58 PM

Unfortunately many things about labor and delivery are "gross"...I's have to say that looks more like a blob of silicone than anything else...But if you've lost yours I would say GET WALKING...I don't mean strolling I mean power walking...you'd be surprised how much that'll jump start things...
So exciting for you...hope all goes well...mama :pray:

Kbunz14 08-01-2010 02:07 PM

mine looked like that, but tinged brown with old blood. The closest descrpition someone gave me was it was like a tablespoon of apple jelly

champatlife 08-01-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxence (Post 10868401)
Unfortunately many things about labor and delivery are "gross"...I's have to say that looks more like a blob of silicone than anything else...But if you've lost yours I would say GET WALKING...I don't mean strolling I mean power walking...you'd be surprised how much that'll jump start things...
So exciting for you...hope all goes well...mama :pray:

Power walking isn't really an option. I'm supposed to be on bedrest now because of staggering/ fluctuating BP, visual changes and heaches. I went grocery shopping today (which was a big no no, to see if it would help... no luck. Haha, and I ate some really spicy curry food hoping it might do something. I contracted while eating it but then nothing... BOO!