Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically its Tuesday!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1042884)

~whitehologram~ 08-03-2010 12:19 AM

Basically its Tuesday!!!

~whitehologram~ 08-03-2010 12:22 AM

Re: Basically its Tuesday!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 10878965)
<sniffing myself> I came home and everyone ran away! Can you smell me through your computers? I only smell a bit like lake water, I swear... :giggle:

:giggle2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by niftysmith (Post 10880061)
Blah.

Hubby is stressed. Baby is sad. Dog is peeing randomly from the atmosphere (by atmosphere I mean hubby yells at the dog in frustration when the baby won't be consoled). :fryingpan: I won't get into that. We drove home in silence because I was just so beside myself with not knowing how to fix this.

We talked for a bit. The baby cried the whole time. He was hungry, but then he refused to eat. I gave him some Tylenol because I can only think his not wanting to be consoled is still him teething. I don't know what else it would be besides the stress going on.

The baby chilled and we talked a bit more ... but, honestly, I don't know what to do. DH has anger issues. I can't fix them. He has to get outside help, I guess. He said he doesn't think he can handle it for too much longer. I said I don't know what he wants to do—he doesn't even know what he wants to do when he graduates in November. I freak out every day and he doesn't even know.

THEN on top of that I get a stupid letter from my mom asking for money in the most insultingly subtle way. She even had the nerve to call me selfish for not "offering to do anything for her" because she's unemployed. Yes, she's been looking for a job, and yes, I'm sorry I can't help her find one ... BUT we have this new life, we have a single income, and we just finished paying off tuition ... How ... how could anyone think of asking us for money? Even indirectly.

I was so mad I wanted to break things.

Finally, we go out to dinner to our favorite Mexican place to make things better and they were OUT of my chille rellenos.

:cry:

Oh Tif :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 10880216)
That's great to hear Rebekah!

I think I'm going to log off soon. Since it's our first night back, E is bound to sleep poorly, and Ru and I are both pretty tired. E has camp in the morning, I'm going to get my hair done, and Ru is going to do some grocery shopping. Busy busy busy! Chat with you ladies tomorrow afternoon.

Sounds like s full but fun day :D I want to see before and after pics Mel :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylchoo (Post 10880452)
I am so glad not to deal with floods and fires right now. Have enough on my plate.

Transistion is going as well as expected. Kids are flaking out on me, but happy to be together as a family and a new place for the most part. They are not having meltdowns directly about being homesick, at least, just the usual change in routine type meltdowns. And DH and I are prone to them too, because we can't set up the routines the way we want because we don't know where all our stuff is. I'm never going to have someone else pack for me again, just for that reason.

I think it will go much better when everything is unpacked and in its place. I noticed after I unpacked about 2/3 of the kitchen stuff and a few of the boxes of toys it went much better. It will also go much better when I feel like I can trust Ian to wander the house alone. I still have to catch my breath every time he goes on the stairs, it just stresses me out, LOL.

Dude, we need some serious lampage in this house. It is so dark when the sun goes down. Daytime it is bright and well-lit, nighttime...not so much.

I hope you all get settled in soon and it's an easy transition.

~whitehologram~ 08-03-2010 12:25 AM

Kids are up....I got up before Fynn and pumped...only 90ml this time so I added it to the 90ml from last night and he drank the lot :thud:

I dont know how I'm going to keep up with him. I know babies can get more out of the breast than I can with the pump but I have no clue how much is enough. I'm taking fenugreek and pumping every 3-4 hours (no over night though) and :crossfingers: that it will be enough and I dont loose my supply altogether....and that Fynn still wants to nurse when this is over.

~whitehologram~ 08-03-2010 12:26 AM

I even cooked my breakfast :D oatmeal with apple and chocolate chips...It's yummy. I should eat breakfast more often.

~whitehologram~ 08-03-2010 03:34 AM

Dinner is cooking,
MIL and I went through the kids draws and sorted through what doesnt fit, what Fynn can wear and what needs to be adjusted (bodys into vests) into piles and got rid of a lot of stuff.
FIL put the safety hooks on the draws on my desk,
I put up the gate up on my bedroom door...Fynn keeps trashing our room and I really just cant keep up with him and the mess he makes. I could just close the door but I need to open it to air out the flat and our room. SO now he cant do that anymore :phew:

I have to take Shannon for a EKG this afternoon.....hopefully I can leave the girls and Fynn at home. Heiner should be there soon enough and then between MIL, FIL and Heiner they should cope with Derry, Cami and Fynn.

It makes me sad to see Fynn's eyes light up when he sees the bottle :( I know it's because he knows there is food in there but it still makes me sad. I only managed to get 110ml again before lunch time sleep for him. I'm having a hard time getting good suction with my hand pump and my boobs are still killing me. They felt great this morning, no pain at all and now I've pumped twice and they really hurt again. I think I'll wait until later to pump for his night time feed. He doesnt have to have a fed in the afternoon. I'll see if he will drink some warm fennel tea. Or if not he can drink some water. He was down to 3 feds a day nursing so bottles should really be the same. Or am I wrong?

stephcrouse 08-03-2010 04:58 AM

Sorry about the pumping/bottling, Janine. I know that is not ideal. Can you try wetting the inside of the flange before placing it on the breast, to help get a better seal/suction?
What are you using for the nipple/breast thrush? Are you doing vinegar rinses on all the pump parts, bottles, nipples and pacifiers? It is so hard to beat and keep from getting reinfected.
Is the pain just in your nipples or are you having sharp or shooting deep breast pain as well?
:hugs:

stephcrouse 08-03-2010 05:01 AM

B did not sleep well again tonight. :tired:
I don't know why he is waking and crying so frequently at night... I considered night terrors/bad dreams, but it doesn't seem like that to me.
He wakes crying, sits up, wants a drink from his sippy, lays back down and repeats it all again in about 5 minutes. He was doing a lot of back arching last night. I guess it is something he is eating (or something I am eating).
For dinner, he had tons of pasta with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese. Maybe it's reflux/heartburn.
Also I had Phish Food for dessert.

niftysmith 08-03-2010 05:08 AM

:tired:

Good morning. I hate going to bed angry. I slept terribly. I'm so mad at my mom. I even called her on Sunday before I got her letter and she didn't say a thing. Her letter was so nasty and full of stuff I thought was over between us. Ugh. Selfish my bum. Sorry. Had to get that out. Moving along ...

At least I got to snuggle the baby all night. His cuteness does help make things better.

He's on the couch next to me, pulling on the velcro of his diaper cover. He's discovered it's down there. It's only a matter of time before we convert to snaps, it seems. :giggle:

niftysmith 08-03-2010 05:12 AM

@Janine - :hugs: I always worry about how much I get out when I pump. I never know if its really enough or not. Lately, I guess my supply has evened out and I no longer fill a bottle with either side when I pump. I get about 4oz each side, sometimes 5oz with my "high test" right side, but I used to get a lot more out of that side. I'm guessing around six months for his next growth spurt, I'll pump more as my supply increases. :dunno:

I'd say try not to stress about it. I know when I'm stressed or rushed or worried, I pump less. If you're already in pain because of thrush, pumping is hard enough. If Fynn's had the boob for so long, I'm sure he'll happily go back to it when you're better. At least he's older and only has a few feedings a day—I couldn't imagine thrush with a hungry, hungry newborn. :jawdrop:

@Steph - :hugs: On the restless night. That's rough when you don't know what's wrong. Does he act like he's in pain? Could it be gas?

niftysmith 08-03-2010 05:22 AM

wants to go back to bed. Be back later.