Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   how do you plan on dressing you CD'd newborn? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044171)

sarahakamommy 08-04-2010 03:47 PM

how do you plan on dressing you CD'd newborn?

So far, I've bought lots of sleepers just because they were cheap at the resale shops. I also found 6 pairs of cute little soft cotton pants but no shirts. I don't think onesies work that well with CD's because they can wick and get dirty with newborn leaks. But maybe that's my experience before CD became more user friendly...

There are plenty of places to find layette buying guides but what about a CD specific list? Anyone have thoughts?

Also, will a long sleeve shirt and wool soaker with baby legs be enough as long as you're swaddling the LO in winter?

Mommyof4forme! 08-04-2010 03:54 PM

Re: how do you plan on dressing you CD'd newborn?

I have TONS of gowns! I think I'm going to work on some fleece soakers soon and do the L/S tees, soakers, and baby legs. We live in south Alabama so our winters never really get super cold.

redneckmama 08-04-2010 04:22 PM

We mainly use fleece/wool/babylegs with long sleeve t's.

negrapy 08-04-2010 04:37 PM

i keep ddc crashing :blush: I feel like my foot is in both doors lol

I like sleepers for a winter baby but i think i prefer wool longies and l/s shirts for at home. I also grew fond of cotton pants and l/s onesies for out and about with socks and little hats :giggle:

flame_chick 08-04-2010 05:53 PM

hm, I havent even thought about that, but when we CDd youngest DD, we usally just used alot of t-shirts and baby legs

sarahakamommy 08-04-2010 06:26 PM

I don't have any gowns but I probably should get a few, I previously found they weren't handy because you have to hike them up if you need to put them into the carseat but with a pair of babylegs I bet they'll work a lot better.

cupcakewright 08-04-2010 07:20 PM

I love baby gowns, and those Carters one piece long sleeve jobbers for winter, I don't like pants and shirts until thier cord comes off, it just rubs it.

lavender dragonfly 08-04-2010 07:53 PM

Gobs and Gobs of woolies :giggle:

Our baby will be born in the middle of a Minnesota winter, so we are going with lots of wool longies and long sleeve tees.

I am planning on placing an order with American Apparel for:
~LS lap tee's
~Fleece Hoodies and Pant sets
~Matching Hats

mercurr 08-04-2010 08:30 PM

I'm going to knit some wool longies for the new baby....NE winters can be brutal! I also have a fleece swaddler that we got for our DD.

I snagged some long sleeved white nb tees at Carter's Outlet recently as well.

Our DD was born at the end of May, so this baby is completely opposite season'd :giggle:

elizabeth429 08-04-2010 08:34 PM

I loved sleepers for the newbie stage, so I have a bunch of those that I got at the resale shop.