Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   RnG? Natureclean? Soapnuts? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049140)

mamacassola 08-11-2010 01:12 PM

RnG? Natureclean? Soapnuts?

Looking for any and all input, please!

Thought I'd save myself some cash and the effort of looking everywhere for detergent and started to wash with Tide free. Learned quickly that THAT was a terribly idea. So I researched, I stripped (dawn first-FAIL, and then RLR), I re-stripped...eventually, I (UGH) bleached, I stripped again and finally had clean dipes.

Then I moved on to Natureclean after reading some good stuff. But my DS got a bit red just above his "junk" and around his super chunky 2 month old thighs. I can't tell if it's from being wet, or if it's a reaction to the detergent. Anyone else get this with natureclean?
The dipes don't smell too bad. certainly not needing a strip, but they don't smell too good either. I even tried adding some oxyclean, dunno if this does ANYTHING

We have a well and a watersoftener, but I'm VERY sure our water is still pretty hard. I usually do cold rinse, hotwash/ cold rinse, hot wash(no detergent)/ cold rinse. Washing every other day....

I think it's worth exploring other options again......I bought some soap nuts and just ordering some samples of RnG hardrock.

I'm just not 100% satisfied with what I've got going on for dipe laundry and want to hear from you all more info about these 3 options. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

babymaggie 08-11-2010 03:16 PM

Re: RnG? Natureclean? Soapnuts?

i use dawn. can't help you with the other three options!

littlelulublue 08-11-2010 03:17 PM

Soooo......I don't like natureclean at all, I found it never fully rinsed off and gave us the 'stinkies'. Ecover and seventh gen did the same. I do like the new 'bumgenius' cloth diaper detergent, as well as rockin' green and allen's naturally. These three have never steered us wrong. :)

Daniella Jean 08-20-2010 05:02 PM

I use Nature Clean for my diapers (regular/soft water?) and I really like it. I've used RNG regular and didn't care for it.

squishyt 08-20-2010 05:20 PM

I've used Allen's, and RNG and like them both, RNG a bit better (which I can buy locally instead of online..)

oofragileoo 08-30-2010 02:16 PM

Have you tried Country Save. they sell it at london drugs for $7 a box. It's perfectly save for CDs. Not sure how great it is in hard water though.

Mom2Kiki&Skye 08-31-2010 11:04 AM

We use Nellie's and are very happy with it. My diapers get clean and they don't stink (they come out smelling like nothing...lol).
I used RnG and really didn't care for it.

Tristyn.Carpenter 08-31-2010 12:25 PM

I use Clean B on our diapers. Never had an issue and I have had lots of mama's say it is great with hard water. I only have to do one wash and never had an issue. I used RnG and had a ton of build up and didn't like it. you can get clean b at www.purecleanb.com.

Little Miss Kate 09-09-2010 02:12 PM

I use RnG and so far so good (still newish to CD, so I am learning as I go).

lavender2022 10-18-2010 07:44 PM

I like the Rockin Green Detergent Hard Water version. Rage against the Raspberries smells great :-D