Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How do you store puzzles? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1051463)

laurangel 08-14-2010 04:58 PM

How do you store puzzles?

I know, kind of a random question, but how do you store your puzzles? Pieces, pieces everywhere! :cry:

smashncakes 08-14-2010 06:03 PM

Re: How do you store puzzles?

For our wooden peg puzzles, I have a big basket that fits under our coffee table and we stack the boards in & each different puzzle's pieces go into a ziploc baggie, then those get tossed into the basket. For the cheap little cardboard puzzles that have less than 20 pieces & that have a backboard they go onto (like the ones you can get in a three pack at walmart or the dollar store for a few bucks), I staple a ziploc baggie to the top of it by one side above the zipper part, then keep the pieces in there...when the kids are putting the puzzle together they just flip the baggie above or behind the board. Regular puzzles go in the boxes & we only get one out at a time. We had a puzzle rack at one point for our wooden peg puzzles but it seemed like they never wanted to sit in it right or the kids would tip the puzzles while pulling them out and dump the pieces, or the pegs would get caught on other puzzles...it was really annoying.

myblessedbaby 08-14-2010 06:10 PM

When my son was a bit younger, say 1 1/2 to 2 yrs old, we just shoved all the pieces in a bucket because it was too much work to keep putting them together when he would just dump them again. Now that he's 2 1/2, he's much better at using them correctly so they are stored one on top of the other on a shelf, all pieces in place.

Minniebees 08-14-2010 06:38 PM

They are kept in zipper bags, in the drawer in his train table. My MIL is a teacher, so she brings us all the stuff her school is getting rid of. We have some seriously old (and weird!) wood puzzles in there, lol. Some of them are cut in such a way that the pieces don't really stay in, so that's why we started with the zipper bags.

Suzi 08-14-2010 07:36 PM

zippered baggies in the boxes. I zipper bag pieces in games and tons of stuff. It really helps keep it all under control

taikkw5 08-15-2010 12:34 PM

Seriously?! We're not the only ones with pieces, pieces everywhere?! DH and I were just talking about this today. We went upstairs and ALL of the puzzle pieces were all over the floor in the toyroom. DS has no problem keeping them put away, it's our 20-mo-old DD that likes to scatter them everywhere. Ziploc baggies do not work b/c she can open them no problem! We tried. I don't know what to do now. We can't figure out a good place in our house to put them. The kids don't have regular closets, so they can't go on a shelf in their closets. Hmmm....

alsatia23 08-15-2010 12:40 PM

They are kept up on a shelf where the kids can't reach them :) I get them down for them to play with, but we put them back afterwards.