Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   looking for easy YUMMY blueberry muffin recipe :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053703)

dogpaws 08-17-2010 10:00 PM

looking for easy YUMMY blueberry muffin recipe :)

title says it all....i'm CRAVING blueberry muffins, and want to make some tomorrow morning :blush:

tia :)

Heyheybaby83 08-17-2010 10:09 PM

Re: looking for easy YUMMY blueberry muffin recipe :)

natesgirl 08-17-2010 10:20 PM

I like these link

ladymeag 08-17-2010 11:19 PM

You can skip the topping if you want them to be easier but I love the topping.

Crumb Top Blueberry Muffins

For the topping:
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons each granulated sugar and firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground mace or 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter

For the muffins:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup each granulated sugar and firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Grated zest of one orange (about two to three tablespoons)
2 large eggs
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted plus extra for greasing
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (fresh is better, obviously)

Preheat oven to 375 (F) / 190 (C) degrees. Have one 12 cup muffin pan ready. Grease 10 of the cups with unsalted butter, fill the two remaining unused cups with water to prevent the pan from warping.

To make the topping, in a small bowl, stir together the flour, sugars, cinnamon and mace/nutmeg. Cut the butter into small pieces and using a pastry blender or two butter knives, cut it into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

To make the muffins, stir together the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and orange zest in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, vanilla and butermilk. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. The batter should be lumpy. Fold the blueberries into the bater until just evenly distributed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.

Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling it level wih the rim of the cup. Sprinkle each muffin with some crumb topping.

Bake until golden, dry and springy to the touch, 20 - 25 minutes. A cake tester inserted into the center of the muffin should come out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes, then remove each muffin from it's cup with a small metal spatula (I use a butter knife!). Serve warm.

Muffins may be frozen in plastic freezer bags for up to 2 months. Reheat in a 350 (F) / 180 (C) oven for 8 - 10 minutes.

twinmomstl 08-17-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladymeag (Post 11005404)
You can skip the topping if you want them to be easier but I love the topping.

Crumb Top Blueberry Muffins

For the topping:
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons each granulated sugar and firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground mace or 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter

For the muffins:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup each granulated sugar and firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Grated zest of one orange (about two to three tablespoons)
2 large eggs
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted plus extra for greasing
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (fresh is better, obviously)

Preheat oven to 375 (F) / 190 (C) degrees. Have one 12 cup muffin pan ready. Grease 10 of the cups with unsalted butter, fill the two remaining unused cups with water to prevent the pan from warping.

To make the topping, in a small bowl, stir together the flour, sugars, cinnamon and mace/nutmeg. Cut the butter into small pieces and using a pastry blender or two butter knives, cut it into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

To make the muffins, stir together the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and orange zest in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, vanilla and butermilk. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. The batter should be lumpy. Fold the blueberries into the bater until just evenly distributed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.

Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling it level wih the rim of the cup. Sprinkle each muffin with some crumb topping.

Bake until golden, dry and springy to the touch, 20 - 25 minutes. A cake tester inserted into the center of the muffin should come out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes, then remove each muffin from it's cup with a small metal spatula (I use a butter knife!). Serve warm.

Muffins may be frozen in plastic freezer bags for up to 2 months. Reheat in a 350 (F) / 180 (C) oven for 8 - 10 minutes.

This sounds like the one i like except I use lemon zest, make all the difference in the world, SO good

dogpaws 08-18-2010 11:16 PM

mmmm...these all sound so yummy...since i forgot (err...was too lazy) to make them this morning, maybe tomorrow?? thanks for the great ideas :)

SignOfTheFishBurger 08-19-2010 11:22 PM

Oh man... I know what I'll be doing all weekend...

leilalily 08-21-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyheybaby83 (Post 11004996)
My favorite recipe: To Die For Blueberry Muffins

Great, now you've got me craving them! ;)

I got this recipe off your post here the other day and then I made these today -- they are soooooo good! Best ever! And so easy too.

Heyheybaby83 08-25-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leilalily (Post 11036703)
I got this recipe off your post here the other day and then I made these today -- they are soooooo good! Best ever! And so easy too.

Yay! So glad you like them! :)