Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Grr picky DH is screwing with dinner! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056383)

maxeygirls 08-21-2010 03:53 PM

Grr picky DH is screwing with dinner!

Ok, ok that's not totally fair but it is irritating that he doesn't consider dinner a meal without a few lbs of meat on his plate. I'm not a veg, I just don't think every meal needs tons of meat.
Tonight I'm making eggplant parmesan for myself and DD2 but DH took one look at me when I announced this and turned his nose up. If DD1 wasn't with my parents for the weekend I'd make something just for the two of them but I want easy stuff tonight!
I have frozen chicken breast and I'm trying to figure out some way to fix it up with the sauce and cheese I'm using for the eggplant, hopefully in the oven with DD2 and I's dinner.
Anyone have ideas? :headscratch:

froggymiamore 08-21-2010 04:22 PM

Re: Grr picky DH is screwing with dinner!

yeah, make the eggplant and let him deal. If he wants something different HE can make it!

daddydiaperchanger 08-21-2010 04:26 PM

You know what you can do. Is make the eggplant, and then put the raw frozen chicken on his plate and say you wanted it now eat it.

He should be so lucky to just be able to come home to a home cooked dinner. I really appreciate my wife for that...

CrazedChris 08-21-2010 05:04 PM

My hubby is the same way. He is a self proclaimed Meatatarian. Yeah. If he doens't get meat he pouts or has a mantrum. I have tried to explain meat costs more, but,.. yeah.

ArronDalesMama 08-21-2010 06:09 PM

Chicken Parmesan . Same thing as eggplant but with chicken. Beat the chicken thin, that way it cooks faster as the eggplant will be faster than a big chicken breast. (thaw the chicken in a bowl of water. that is a fast safe way to thaw chicken) You can do a breast for him and egg plant for you. 2 meals in one.

HTH

maxeygirls 08-21-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedChris (Post 11034898)
My hubby is the same way. He is a self proclaimed Meatatarian. Yeah. If he doens't get meat he pouts or has a mantrum. I have tried to explain meat costs more, but,.. yeah.

:roflmbo: love the mantrum!

maxeygirls 08-21-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArronDalesMama (Post 11035250)
Chicken Parmesan . Same thing as eggplant but with chicken. Beat the chicken thin, that way it cooks faster as the eggplant will be faster than a big chicken breast. (thaw the chicken in a bowl of water. that is a fast safe way to thaw chicken) You can do a breast for him and egg plant for you. 2 meals in one.

HTH

Perfect, why I didn't think of this? I have no clue lol.

chanee 08-21-2010 08:24 PM

thats why im glad my dh cooks his own meal. i cook for me and the kids. and he comes in a little later and cooks what ever meat he needs. or he cooks for him and the kids. and i fend for myself. most of the time it times up so that we sit down and eat at the same time. but if one of us cooks, and it doesnt suite the other,, then they can handle it themselves.

greenbabybums 08-22-2010 01:25 PM

My dad was the same way when I was a kid. My mom still struggles with dinner ideas. To be dinner it must have red meat.

kocho 08-22-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenbabybums (Post 11039818)
My dad was the same way when I was a kid. My mom still struggles with dinner ideas. To be dinner it must have red meat.

My DH is getting like that. It drives me nuts. He doesn't like chicken and recently has started complaining about pork, is never thrilled when I make pork. He's kinda eliminating my options!! :banghead: