Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gee..can i toilet train at 11 months?lol (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10572)

milniks7 06-01-2006 08:49 AM

Gee..can i toilet train at 11 months?lol

This is the third morning in a row that Lachlan has woken up(after sleeping from around 7:30 at night, til 6:30 AM) completely dry! What is up with that? LOl...I have never had any of my kids go older than 2 without toilet training and my 3 yo was a bit younger than 2..but 11 months!..I am loving making dipes..she can't train too early..LOL!

Nikki
mom to Shea,Anya,Molly,Luke,Noah,Aedan and Lachlan

camperjen 06-01-2006 10:27 AM

Re: Gee..can i toilet train at 11 months?lol

LOL! :)

I've said that I can't train Alex until he decides to walk. If I have to carry him to the potty, it sorta ruins the entire idea. Haha!

bfoster2000 06-01-2006 10:49 AM

Well, if you subscribe to the theory that babies are born potty trained and we "make" them use diapers, then you're not starting early...you're late. My mom swears that she put the potty seat for one of our foster children when I was 11 months and I used it right away and never wore diapers during the day again and quit wearing diapers at night by 13 months. I say go with the flow! :)

Audriannasmommy 06-01-2006 10:59 AM

it is possible Audrianna is 14 months old and semi potty trained she poops on the potty. we do however have to carry her to the potty she cant walk cause of her cp. but hey she still pees in diapers

EasterBun 06-01-2006 11:00 AM

DS would wake up dry around 10-11 months. That lasted until he was about 2 1/2 actually... the first diaper of the day for him though, he normally flooded! LOL!

DD has been dry for longer stretches lately as well.... she didn't pee at all before bed last night (between about 5pm and 8pm) but when she got up this morning her diaper was *saturdated*. She's had mornings like DS had, where she's dry or mostly dry, and the next diaper gets the flood ;)

I don't know that it's necessarily a sign of readiness to PL, but it is a sign that their bodies are becoming capable of holding larger amounts of pee.. which is sort of a "first step" in the process :)

Irishmommy 06-01-2006 12:57 PM

You can, and it's called EC (elimination communication)! You can go to www.diaperfreebaby.org if you want more info. My dd started pooping on the potty at 8 months and is still going strong. If I catch her right as soon as she wakes she pees in the potty too. She doesn't stay dry all night yet; but I will beging ECing at night soon too. If you have any questions just pm me. There are plenty of moms here that EC. And don't be too upset, this means that you can just start making really cute trainers!!!!!:giggle: