Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   all you delay vaxing and non vaxing mamas, help me understand! :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1058302)

zadoklee2008 08-24-2010 12:28 PM

all you delay vaxing and non vaxing mamas, help me understand! :)

ok, I have two babies, and they were both vaccined according to what the doctor wanted.... because ive never heard of anyone not or delaying it. My question is why? is there something bad in vaccines? Am i harming my children and dont even know it? What were your reasons for delay/non vaxing... if you delay vax what is the difference in delaying it and doing it all on the doctors schedual? I hope i dont offend anyone, im just really curious and trying to figure out why ive never heard of this until now? Also, not circumsizing.... I didnt know that this wasnt done either... my ped told me if i didnt my boys would get an infection. So what was your deciding factor in that, and have you had any issues with infection? gosh, i feel so uninformed and a little stupid that i had not heard about this stuff... goodness lol. Any comments are appreciated! :)

Crew&West 08-24-2010 12:34 PM

Re: all you delay vaxing and non vaxing mamas, help me understand! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadoklee2008 (Post 11055979)
ok, I have two babies, and they were both vaccined according to what the doctor wanted.... because ive never heard of anyone not or delaying it. My question is why? is there something bad in vaccines? I wouldn't say BAD, but questionable. There are live virus in vaccines/chemicals/aluminum/etc that some people just don't feel they want to put into their childrens bodies! Or that they are silly i.e the chicken pox vaccine... in my opinion it's dumb. I'll let my kids get the pox! Am i harming my children and dont even know it? no! And don't let people who delay or choose not to tell you otherwise! You're doing what you believe is best for your baby! I just advise people to read up on them and THEN make a personal choice to do them or not! :thumbsup: What were your reasons for delay/non vaxing... if you delay vax what is the difference in delaying it and doing it all on the doctors schedual? My PERSONAL reason is because I feel they get too many too soon! I space them out over a period of 5yrs vs 2! I hope i dont offend anyone, im just really curious and trying to figure out why ive never heard of this until now? Also, not circumsizing.... I didnt know that this wasnt done either... my ped told me if i didnt my boys would get an infection. So what was your deciding factor in that, and have you had any issues with infection? gosh, i feel so uninformed and a little stupid that i had not heard about this stuff... goodness lol. Any comments are appreciated! :)

As far as the circ'ing I won't get into that arguement! :giggle2: THAT is a VERY touchy subject on here so I just choose to keep my opinion to myself. It is becoming very UN popular to do it though I will say that! :)

zadoklee2008 08-24-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crew&West (Post 11056035)
As far as the circ'ing I won't get into that arguement! :giggle2: THAT is a VERY touchy subject on here so I just choose to keep my opinion to myself. It is becoming very UN popular to do it though I will say that! :)

thank you for answering, i just was so confused when i realized not everyone vax's lol i had no idea! and i didnt know that there was that stuff in vaccines! wow... i have a lot of research to do!

Crew&West 08-24-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadoklee2008 (Post 11056064)
thank you for answering, i just was so confused when i realized not everyone vax's lol i had no idea! and i didnt know that there was that stuff in vaccines! wow... i have a lot of research to do!

No problem! If you want a good book, read Dr. Sears' Vaccine Book. It's simply just a book that tells you what & when the shots are given & made, why they are given etc. Very informative! I didn't know about it either until a friend of mine gave me her book before I had my 1st.

aprilmadison 08-24-2010 12:45 PM

I have very strong opinions on vax-ing children. BUT I really appreciate the way you answered the mama's question Laurie. It was clear and non-biased. Thank you!

zadoklee2008 08-24-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilmadison (Post 11056123)
I have very strong opinions on vax-ing children. BUT I really appreciate the way you answered the mama's question Laurie. It was clear and non-biased. Thank you!

What is your opinion on vaxing? i would love to hear it!

isaacsmum 08-24-2010 01:12 PM

I can't help you on the delay/no vax question, but I'd be glad to tell you why I chose not to circ my son. Circumcision may be able to slightly reduce UTI's in infants, but the rate of UTI's is very low in boys. Circumcision complications in infants occur more commonly than the UTI complications it is purpoted to prevent. You can see the numbers here.

There aren't any other parts of a baby's body we cut off just in case there's a problem later - appendix, tonsils, breasts, etc. Surgery seems like a pretty radical step for maybe preventing an infection that can be treated with antibiotics, IMHO. The circ rate in the US is dropping pretty rapidly. And routine infant circ has never been common outside the US. The men in countries where it has never been common - i.e. most of Europe - seem to do just fine with their foreskins.

zadoklee2008 08-24-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isaacsmum (Post 11056380)
I can't help you on the delay/no vax question, but I'd be glad to tell you why I chose not to circ my son. Circumcision may be able to slightly reduce UTI's in infants, but the rate of UTI's is very low in boys. Circumcision complications in infants occur more commonly than the UTI complications it is purpoted to prevent. You can see the numbers here.

There aren't any other parts of a baby's body we cut off just in case there's a problem later - appendix, tonsils, breasts, etc. Surgery seems like a pretty radical step for maybe preventing an infection that can be treated with antibiotics. The circ rate in the US is dropping pretty rapidly. And routine infant circ has never been common outside the US. The men in countries where it has never been common - i.e. most of Europe - seem to do just fine with their foreskins.

wow! i was under the impression i had no choice! wow!...... i feel bad for doing that to my babies now... :(

MiaAnjuli 08-24-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadoklee2008 (Post 11056402)
wow! i was under the impression i had no choice! wow!...... i feel bad for doing that to my babies now... :(

You have to sign a concent form to let them do it. They should have talked it over with you before they had is done. My son was cir'd but you always have a choice what happens to your babies.

zadoklee2008 08-24-2010 01:24 PM

well i mean ya, i signed the form, but i also signed the form just to stay in the hospital, i didnt think that it was something i couldnt do, because i would be putting them at medical risks.... i wasnt told that they would be ok if i didnt, even my family told me that it was not healthy for me not to. so i was uninformed.