Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I found my dream stroller (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1058429)

Rylee'smama 08-24-2010 03:21 PM

I found my dream stroller

I found the Valco Tri mode ex twin on craigslist for $315! I don't like that it is pink (I have 2 boys 3mo, 2yo,1 girl 4yo) but I have been eying since I was prego with #2! I can now go on walks with all my kiddos in the stroller! Please how do I convince dh that it is worth it? We don't have any money at all but I have been puting some aside and have almost enough! HELP me convince him!

BNC 08-24-2010 07:25 PM

Re: I found my dream stroller

I dont understand - why do you NEED this stroller? Cant a cheaper double (that you have the money for since you almost have enough for this one) work just as well for walks?

Im all for nice strollers - I have a p&t's with the doubles kit...but we could afford it when we bought it...if we had been tight, I would have bought a cheaper double from BRU to get by.

IMO, as long as you are not putting your family in any jeopardy by purchasing this stroller (you said you dont have any money - do I dont know if that means money is tight, or we wont eat, etc..) I think its fine.

Rylee'smama 08-24-2010 07:33 PM

We still eat. I have a double but like I said I need something for 3 so we can walk 2 miles to and from school :) I can't wait!

sugacube 08-24-2010 07:40 PM

Well if it is in good shape I say go for it. Looks like it retails for about 700 online. although I probably wouldn't get pink for boys, and I would def check out reviews to see how it holds up! Although I would get the chocolate one with pink, that isn't bad!

sugacube 08-24-2010 07:45 PM

And I totally understand about wanting a GOOD stroller! When I was pregnant my DH went and spent over a grand on a car stereo. Nice! Needless to say, i have yet to get the double I want and although my oldest is 3, she does get tired still walking so yeah. Oh and his speaker or whatever takes up all the room in the trunk. But we did buy a new stroller finally for $99 on sale and I LOVE it! But for our next we are getting the stroller I want for sure!:)

cococomey 08-24-2010 08:29 PM

i went through strollers like crazy...luckily DH did 50% of stroller duty and knew we had junky ones. I researched and knew the one we needed. I was saving money in an envelope for it and when he found out the price he said NO WAY. (P&T Double for $500 ish)
I debated to no avail and then like it was suppose to happen the stroller was on Craig's list for $220.00
We went a test drove it, folded it and all that and he loved it so we got it.
Of course I had the money saved because I had already starting saving with a price tag of $500 so it was an easy convince for him :)
Good Luck because I know how it feels

Leanbh 08-24-2010 09:20 PM

I think it's really hard for the mother who's at home with all the kids and quite honestly you do need a decent stroller esp if you are walking a ways to school etc.

Now, I'm sure you could find a decent stroller for a little less than that but if it's what you've been eyeing AND you've been saving, then I would just explain that you will get a good deal on resale compared to most cheaper strollers.

Close relatives of ours just used a double stroller that was falling apart, found on the curb. Her DH would not "allow" her to buy another one even though they have the money and he constantly goes out to bars, eats and drinks out. Eventually they got another cast off that was as bad. It was a nightmare for her for about 3 years that she had to deal with on her own of course.

I have no problem with finding stuff on the curb and have done so, but sometimes you need a decent item, esp a double stroller.

tygr2410 08-24-2010 09:23 PM

i know what you mean, it's sooo nice!

i saw one on our CL just yesterday (first one i'd ever seen here) but i have a p&t i just got a few months ago and cannot justify another stroller purchase..ever.

JellEBeanDesigns 08-24-2010 10:45 PM

I have a valco tri mode single with the jump seat and the standing board and love it worth every penny of the 350 I spent (came with bassinet, rain covers, carseat adapter, jump seat and buggy board) it's amazing!!! You can buy replacement skins too for like $75

mg5g 08-24-2010 10:52 PM

OOOhhh - I would LOVE that stroller for that price! I am looking for a new double for our next set of littles. Honestly to me a good stroller is worth EVERY penny and if you take care of it you can often re-sell it for nearly what you paid if you are already buying second hand. I use my stroller every-single-day so I really get where you are coming from there is nothing worse then fighting with a crummy stroller day in and day out.