Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   May 2010 DDC (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063441)

tygr2410 08-31-2010 06:11 PM

May 2010 DDC

Hi mamas! Thought i'd start this off since it looks like we officially got booted today.

I can't believe all of our little ones are around 3 months now if not older, crazy!

aerobebe1421 08-31-2010 07:14 PM

Re: May 2010 DDC

I know... :cry: Where did the time go?

tygr2410 08-31-2010 07:22 PM

lol, I just thought about it..1 year ago today i got pregnant with Nathan..funny that it's also the last time i drank..

KiltedKingdom 09-01-2010 10:24 AM

So Matt's been being really silly lately... and it's really starting to drive me crazy. He'll be nursing and all of a sudden chomps down really hard and turns his head away. I usually make a funny face and a funny noise (because it HURTS!!!) and he starts LAUGHING... Then pukes all over me. He does this almost every time he nurses. My poor self is so sore I don't even want to nurse him anymore! He's too young to be playing games like this, isn't he? He'll be 3 months in 2 days. He's way stinking cute though, I love that he's started playing. He's grabbing for things now and he loves to laugh. I can't help but be absolutely smitten with him!

On a side note, Nick is completely potty-trained!!! :yay: It took him 2-3 weeks to figure out how to go #2 in the potty, but once he figured it out, he had it all figured out, night time and everything! And the other 2 that used to have night-time problems have been staying dry all the time too!!! :yay: I love it!!! :yay:

aerobebe1421 09-01-2010 11:00 AM

Tina, it's been over a year for me, too! I remember it was during our anniversary trip to Yellowstone. I didn't conceive Carter until the 5th of Sept. though. I have been craaaaaaving an electric lemonade forever. I won't drink one though, because the idea of pumping and dumping makes me cringe, haha. Even though we have more than enough BM in the freezer, I just can't make myself do it. Oh well. Someday...

Carter chomps down and pulls away sometimes, too. It does hurt!! I am so not looking forward to him getting teeth! :giggle: He usually does it when he's done nursing, but just being silly and 'playing'. He'll do that and then latches back on, then off, smiles, latches back on, then off, smiles... It's kinda weird, haha. It makes Matt laugh and he usually says, "Yep, that's my boy!" :giggle2:

Yay for Nick!

aerobebe1421 09-01-2010 11:02 AM

Matt and I were looking at videos of Carter we have on the comp. The videos I took of him kicking when he was in my tummy are in the same folder, so we watched those, too. It made me cry! I really miss my pregnant belly and feeling those kicks.

Maybe Carter will have a baby brother/sister sooner than we had planned...:giggle:

tygr2410 09-01-2010 07:51 PM

the chomping/turning-check, its so annoying and painful! plus i'm a little scared he'll do this in public and my nipple will just pop right outta there! lol!

jen- i also have a video of the belly dancing courtesy of Nathan on my phone.

Jennifer- congrats on the potty training!!!

cereal527 09-01-2010 08:41 PM

hi ladies :wave: Can't believe we lost our DDC already. Doesn't seem like it's been long enough. DD was conceived this coming weekend last year, but I can't even tell you the last time I drank anything. I've been pregnant and/or nursing constantly since April 2006! I have probably had a drink here and there though, but I don't remember when. The older kids are into their school routine now, and I'm trying to settle into a routine at home with everyone else. DD has been extra crabby the past couple days and napping terribly, and I don't know why, so that's been frustrating. We managed to get her to sleep in her own bed for part or all of three nights in a row this past weekend, and now she's back to only sleeping if she's in bed with me. I don't even mind her ending up in my bed, but it would be nice to be able to put her down in her own bed a little earlier than I want to go to bed so I can shower and do a couple other things. Anyone have any tips for me? I feel like a first time mom since I can't get my kid to sleep in her own bed. None of the other kids were this hard.
Nothing else is new around here though. Sometimes I feel like I just have to survive the day and can't fit anything else in.

Jennifer that's great about the potty training.

Sorry to hear about all the biting going on. DD hasn't started that yet, but I'm sure it's coming. YIKES!

katesmash 09-01-2010 09:40 PM

wow I went to go to our due date group and it was gone :cry:

I'm so glad we have a place here though. I'd miss you gals too much.

So today I set up Ethan's exer-saucer. Can't believe he's old enough to be in it, it seems like I JUST had him!!! He's a funny guy today, can't wait for him to try out the saucer tomorrow. He seems to be getting bored of the toy bar on his vibrator chair.

tygr2410 09-02-2010 07:48 AM

Katie- i've also got an exercauser for Nathan to try out, but the seat is in the wash b/c i got it at a yardsale (along with a bouncer and playmat!) excited for him to have something else to sit in besides the swing and my arms.

my dd is mad at my (she's 4) b/c while her and ds and dh went to CA last week, i gave our dogs away. We had discussed this before they left and i made sure they told the dogs goodbye b/c they wouldn't be there when they got home, but i guess they didn't understand. First words walking in the door "where are the dogs?" and then the sad face and tears followed and they "Mommy, why did you get rid of our dogs?!" so sad..

i would actually like to have 1 of the dogs back (2 chihuahuas) - i basically gave them both b/c i dind't want one to be lonely but now i'm regretting it, and the man did say it wasn't a permanent situation and if we missed them terribly we could have them back. One will mark things and pees on stuff and he will nip at kids when they run around, but the other is fine, and i think i want her back :( We had had her for 5.5 years, but the other we've only had for a year and he was a stray i found and no one claimed.