Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Fetal Echo on Wednesday... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066804)

MotherGoose518 09-05-2010 10:21 PM

Fetal Echo on Wednesday...

DH and I are taking Gideon to Children's Hospital in DC on Wednesday for his fetal echocardiogram. We're having this done because our oldest daughter has a (mild) congenital heart defect so all of my babies automatically get screened. I would likely have had another scan of his heart anyway since they couldn't get a good look at my anatomy scan. Please pray that this guy is cooperative and gets into a position where they can see what they need to see so I can check that off of my worries list!

cupcakewright 09-06-2010 08:17 AM

Re: Fetal Echo on Wednesday...

Praying for a "good" baby and great results!

4dramamama 09-06-2010 02:55 PM

praying for your trip and your results

emhammer0506 09-06-2010 05:39 PM

I understand about that... My DD - had ASD w/primum defect - and ended up having open-heart surgery at 7m old.. SO, we knew we would have the fetal echo with our little man - which we just did last month... Just remember - because of the size of the heart - it may not be 100% accurate - it is still a good idea to do an echo after they are born!!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for good news!!!

nikiahunt 09-06-2010 07:04 PM

Good luck mama! We had the same issue with not seeing the heart at our first anatomy u/s but we saw it at the next one! I hope your baby is as cooperative and it all turns out well!
:hugs:

lauren420 09-06-2010 09:21 PM

Goodluck Mama, I hope he is good for you!

elizabeth429 09-07-2010 06:13 AM

GL!! Praying your scan goes wonderfully tomorrow!

MotherGoose518 09-08-2010 09:15 PM

So... everything was perfect EXCEPT the pressure going through the ductus arteriosis is twice what it should be. If this continues it could cause the ductus to close prematurely (it's supposed to stay open until birth so that the oxygen bypasses the lungs because the lungs are not functional in the fetus). If it closes prematurely it could cause him to have a hard time transitioning out of the womb in terms of breathing/taking over his own circulatory system and he would need a bit of help. And google is telling me that there are some other bad things that can happen when that duct closes too early, but I'm choosing not to go there right now. We are supposed to go back in 3-4 weeks, and if the pressure is normal they will dismiss me. If it is still high they will watch him closely to make sure that duct stays open.

4dramamama 09-08-2010 09:20 PM

praying for normal blood flow
praying for peaceful mama
just praying

elizabeth429 09-09-2010 05:34 AM

:hugs: Glad everything structurally looks great, and will be praying for a healthy babe!