Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Fellow Home Birthers, how do you feel with EDD's approaching? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068141)

mama0609 09-07-2010 11:58 PM

Fellow Home Birthers, how do you feel with EDD's approaching?

Curious...

This is my first home birth (and last, we're done with babies *waaah*) and as I sit here in my master bedroom staring at my birth corner (with our giant pool blown up and pushed against the wall), I'm wondering what's going through the minds of my fellow homebirthin' mama's... especially if this is your first home birth... :)

Me... Nervous... excited... in a state of shock that I sit here a mere 11 days from my "due date" and that this is really going to happen. That sometime in the coming days/weeks, I will birth our oops surprise baby in my bedroom despite so many people telling me that I can't do this.

I'm a VBA2C with an almost VBAC ripped away from me just stages away from pushing. I've fought so hard this pregnancy to be where I am now... I went through being dropped very suddenly by a MW with no warning (she cancelled a prenatal and then emailed me 2 days later and said she'd no longer care for me), without prenatal care for 2+ months... And suddenly this is all so close and so real. And I can't help but be a little bit nervous. I've never birthed a baby vaginally. I've come close and I know my body is capable but birthing is unknown to me.

Sorry to be emotional... This is all becoming very real, very quickly. It's like it was just yesterday that I started exploring my options and realizing that I can and will do this... And now it's here... Where did these months go?

So.. What's on your mind as your EDD approaches?

amphibology29 09-08-2010 12:21 AM

Re: Fellow Home Birthers, how do you feel with EDD's approaching?

:hugs: You can do it! I can only imagine how emotional a process it is for you, overcoming two c-sections. But I cannot wait to read your amazing birth story, because I know it will be one!

This is my second homebirth (second UC, actually) so the nerves aren't there. Honestly, my biggest thought related to birth these days is, "Gee, I should get that stuff ready before I go into labor." My birth supplies are in two separate boxes, in two separate rooms, and the bathroom where I plan to labor and probably deliver in the tub again isn't ready at all! It's still crowded with bins from our NY trip this summer, and it needs a good scrub down beyond the basic bathroom cleaning. I work best under pressure though, so I guess if I go into labor that'll finally spur me into action. :giggle:

rachaeljohnson 09-08-2010 07:42 AM

giant hugs! I am terrified out of my mind. I had a hospital birth and an epi at 7 cm with lor and i was in such freaking miserable pain i would have done the epidural in my eye if given the chance. I am so afraid of not being able to cope. But i am also so excited to do it! Big hugs! I hope you find some peace and have an amazing hba2c in the next couple weeks! How exciting!

wowcat 09-08-2010 09:47 AM

I'm planning an Hbac as well :thumbsup: Honestly, how I feel depends on when you ask me, lol. On the one hand, I feel SO happy that I've chosen to home birth, it's something I decided a very long time ago after my first son's cesarean birth (he is 7) and I'm so happy it's finally happening. Sometimes I feel confident and calm. Other times, I have a hard time picturing myself going into labor at all. I think that is my biggest "hangup". I never went into labor with my first, and though I've done doula work for years and was a student midwife for a time, I find it hard to apply what I know to myself. I really trust the process of birth, but I have a hard time trusting my OWN body. I guess I just still feel broken, kwim? I have this wild irrational fear that I won't go into labor. Silly, I know!

I adore my midwives and am grateful for every moment I've been able to spend with them. Although I'm 100% supportive of UC, and had considered it with this birth, I'm glad I chose to receive care through these particular midwives at this particular time in my life. Their quiet, calm confidence in me is probably the #1 best thing they have provided me.

ommelissa 09-08-2010 01:35 PM

This is my 2nd HB, and I'm due in a week and a half. I'm only nervous because my midwife has another mama due right now, and i want that lady to go on and birth so I can have my MW's undivided attention. :giggle: The good news is that there were two, but one had her baby yesterday.
I'm having a lot of contractions, and I usually labor on and off for a week or so. So am I starting my "labor week"? I lost a bit of my plug yesterday, but nothing but contractions today. They're not frequent but they're different.
I'd really like to get through the weekend, at least!

calleiah 09-08-2010 03:40 PM

My due date was yesterday. Im going INSANE. I've had 2 induced epi hospital births and this is our last baby and first home birth. Im so anxious, I've never gone into labor on my own! Will I know it's really real? I've been contracting for 10 days with varying degrees of strength but they get very consistent (4-10 minutes apart). I've got tons of CM and plug showing every day. Im nervous too as this is a hugely busy time at work for DH who just started a new job, and my mom will be out of reach around here as of Friday-Monday. So much timing stuff going on, and everyone keeps looking at me like Im a time bomb and asking questions like "Are we having a baby today?"
Im trying to relax, trying to breathe and enjoy these last moments of being pregnant the way I wanted to and Im finding it almost impossible.

rachaeljohnson 09-08-2010 04:57 PM

calleiah-hang in there! Your body knows what it is doing!

blessedmama2 09-08-2010 10:41 PM

Big hugs mama!:) I know it will work out! I am going for a VBA2C as well. We are hoping in a few years to have another baby, and a HB. I am only going to the hossy for this one because I had so many complications before and dh is nervous about me staying home. Plus we recently moved and my house is a crazy zone so I would be too stressed doing it all here! I do plan to stay home as long as possible, though. Plus we are going to the hossy cause I just had a baby not even 18 months ago and had to have my appendix out a few months ago, while I was pregnant. Anyways, I totally feel your same emotions-I question if I can do this, if my body really knows how to birth vaginally, but then I have to remind myself why I ended up with c/s before-and both times it was from medical error/issues with the baby. I know I can do this, I was just never given a chance. I just get emotional because at the clinic I have to go to, I try to just see the MW but I have seen other dr's that love to voice their anti-VBAC attitude to me and go on and on about it-then I leave there all stressed out, doubting myself. Then I just talk to my doula, or even dh-who has been a pia lately for other reasons, but he is positive about my birth choices and knows I can do it. I know it's nerve racking, but you can do it, and it will be amazing mama!:)

~happy2Bamommy~ 09-09-2010 12:00 AM

5th home birth here.

I am very excited but I DO still get nervous too! How can one not?!?!? I do know that from past experiences, no birth is exactly the same but ALL of them have left me in awe of my body and it's ability to bring forth a life. I can't begin to describe the rush of emotion,the incredible high, that I get from birthing.

At this point, I am mostly just wishing that this baby would turn into a better position for birth. I've done a "sunny side upper" before and it is a more intense labor. I also just wish she would come already. I mentally prepared myself for another 42 week pregnancy but was secretly hoping to have her before 42 weeks LOL!