Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   WOW my son's school doesn't mess around with bullies! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068700)

*Eva* 09-08-2010 05:43 PM

WOW my son's school doesn't mess around with bullies!

I just found out that at my son's school they call the cops if they find out any of the older kids at the school are bullying! I want to say they're doing it with kids in 5th grade or higher. Talk about a zero tolerance policy...

Joyful Tie Dyes 09-08-2010 06:05 PM

Re: WOW my son's school doesn't mess around with bullies!

Hmmm. I am always glad to hear a school cracking down on bullying but it seems to me that the police have real crimes to deal with and not 10 year olds...

norrahsmommy 09-08-2010 06:14 PM

a 10 year old that commits assault and battery is no less of a criminal because they are 10- and most bullys will end up committing assault and battery if they are not detered early. just sayin'.

whitneywalters 09-08-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norrahsmommy (Post 11177732)
a 10 year old that commits assault and battery is no less of a criminal because they are 10- and most bullys will end up committing assault and battery if they are not detered early. just sayin'.

I agree!

jennym91005 09-08-2010 06:38 PM

i think its a GREAT idea. my best friends son is a violent 5 year old, i wish they did this at his school b/c he is going to become a very violent adult, and noone in his life will do anything about it

luvsviola 09-08-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthmamatobe (Post 11177663)
Hmmm. I am always glad to hear a school cracking down on bullying but it seems to me that the police have real crimes to deal with and not 10 year olds...

I agree that the police need to be called in certain situations, but this seems a bit extreme. :)

Jewelgurl137 09-08-2010 06:59 PM

Honestly I think this is kinda a good idea, since it will get parents to stop their kids from bullying instead of making excuses for them repeatedly. Hopefully the police never have to be called though, since no child deserves to get in trouble with the law for being a brat when their parents never told them not to be. KWIM?

FallBabies 09-08-2010 07:24 PM

I wonder what constitutes "bully" or not? Some things are obvious bullying, others, not so much.

It definitely is good for schools to take it seriously, though; dh has been dealing with a lot of these kinds of issues lately, and it is a very frustrating matter.

gil 09-08-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthmamatobe (Post 11177663)

I'm not sure how it works in the States but schools here often have a police officer assigned who is also a community liaison and regularly visits the school. Also, bullies can commit assault, theft and any number of petty crimes that adults report a file charges for. I don't see it being any different.

*Alabamamom* 09-08-2010 07:32 PM

I am moving this to the parenting forum mama's. :thumbsup: