Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Wondering if this may be it for me too... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068722)

mama0609 09-08-2010 07:21 PM

Wondering if this may be it for me too...

This is only my 2nd natural labor and I've been prodromal for so long now that maybe I'm discrediting it... LOL.

It's mild compared to what I woke up with when my DD made her entrance... But it's in my back... A sharp "pain" right around my SI joints in my low back, radiating in through my hips and round ligament muscles and down in through my pelvis. Some are very strong in the back with less uterine tightening and some are less strong in my back but really tight up front... It's like a wave though, not a hard and fast hit and release like a BH. It's building and then gets to a peak (in which I'm feeling either ALOT of pressure in my back or ALOT of tighenting in my uterus) and then releasing very slowly.

I've got 8-10 ish min apart, 30-45 seconds in duration but some are longer, more intense than others. DEF feeling it in my lower back and hips though.

I'm not quick to wake my DH or call my MW... It's been about an hour, maybe 1.5hours... DH works nights, just went to bed at 4pm (up since 11pm last night). I'm half expecting this to fizzle out because I've been prodromal for so long. Baby has had hiccups once and is wiggling a little bit but no grand movements... Just little wiggles and shifts and a few small kicks.

Bella's labor was such hard and fast hit that I KNEW... This one, with all the prodromal stuff, I'm sitting here going :headscratch::headscratch: and wondering...

I don't think I could lay down though... My back is sore and tight sitting on my birth ball... I can't imagine laying down...

rachaeljohnson 09-08-2010 07:24 PM

Re: Wondering if this may be it for me too...

hmmm, not sure...with lor my water breaking started it and then they were very typical very painful contractions from the get go...but it sounds like it could be! :)

mama0609 09-08-2010 07:28 PM

LOL I had back labor with DD... I was hoping not to have it again and baby IS anterior but I may just be one of the 'lucky' ones that has back labor no matter what...

mama0609 09-08-2010 11:04 PM

Sigh... Still here... Still irregular. My back is sore and if this keeps up with no baby, I may just lose it, lol. Prodromal labor is for the birds and I've never dealt with it before this baby.

I'm eating some food and going to bed... Prepared for the fact that when I wake up, this will all have stopped and I'll go back to waiting along with the rest of ya'll. Praying it keeps up and gets stronger though. I'm so hugely swollen that I can't bend my feet... My flip flops are leaving indents. I am just really really ready to hold my baby!

Camymom 09-08-2010 11:07 PM

Aww, sorry, Mama, I hope this is it, or it will be soon!

skcsarah 09-08-2010 11:34 PM

Jaci 09-08-2010 11:42 PM

popping in from "View New Posts" I had a super long labor with DS2, lots of stops and starts. One thing I suggest if that is happening to you, see if you can't get baby too move. Maybe baby is anterior but the head is tilted a bit, or maybe baby squirmed posterior without you realizing it. Try doing the lifts outlined on www.spinningbabies.com or get in a cat-cow position (or just hands and knees). I so wish I would have worked more on getting DS2 to turn, it might have kept me from laboring for 75 hours!

MrsS 09-09-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcsarah (Post 11179940)
:yuck: the problem is... that it's soooo typical prodromal. that in-between crazy stuff that keeps you guessing. I hate it! I hope it turns into something for you though, mama.

Oh my, I can so relate. I've been getting this a ton the past 5 days. So frustrating and I keep getting dh hopes raised. I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow. Been having TONS of contractions. :banghead:

rachaeljohnson 09-09-2010 10:52 AM

oh fe, giant hugs!!