Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Ugh, Dr's Visit. (and TMI) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1069330)

Gothmommy 09-09-2010 02:13 PM

Ugh, Dr's Visit. (and TMI)

Ok, I know I'm going nuts, but... was checked AGAIN at my dr's office (It's routine procedure), and now I'm at 2cm dialated, and 70% effaced. The only thing to change is the dialation...

And now, since she checked... I HURT. Internally. *sigh* I just got DS from the bus-stop, and every little step was a little stabby pain... :banghead:

It's frustrating the heck out of me because I KNOW I have at least a week left, and I want to be done so very much. :lostit: I know, like I said, I'm nuts.

Doc asked AGAIN if I had everything ready to go. She apparently thinks it's any day now. :headscratch: She even said:
"Remember, your blood type is O+, and you're Strep B negative, if you call or go into the hospital at night or over the weekend, they may not have your records on hand"

Should I even bother hoping, or should I keep raining on my own parade?

And... is it possible that at 2cm dialated I still have my mucus plug, or did I lose it and NOT even notice? :headscratch: I don't remember how things like that were with DS 1 and DS.

Fishie Kisses 09-09-2010 02:16 PM

Re: Ugh, Dr's Visit. (and TMI)

Not in your DDC, but wanted to offer you some hope.

With YDS, I was 1cm and about 50% the day my water broke. It'll happen for you soon mama!!

Gothmommy 09-09-2010 02:18 PM

:hugs: Thanks for that mama.

I know I'm nuts here, but... it's my 3rd time, and it's been 5 years since the last one... so I feel completely thrown for a loop by everything.

skcsarah 09-09-2010 02:43 PM

2cm and 70% is great considering you're not due until the 30th! you must be doing something right, mama. patience. : )

seacat 09-09-2010 02:49 PM

I was maybe 1 cm and 70% effaced the day that I went in to get checked by my Dr. He said it would still be a week or so (I was already a week and a half overdue) and scheduled my induction. I told him I had a feeling about the day and he told me I was crazy. I went into labor that evening and DS was born the next evening. So, you never know.

PureBliss 09-09-2010 03:12 PM

i still have my MP- though it has been coming out in pieces the past few days, but not much- and im also 2 cm dialated, and not sure how much effaced....unfortunatly this could be like this for weeks, or it could be days. you never really know. I personally hope this baby stays in for another week and a half. im ready- but I dont want to miss my 2 year olds first week of preschool. LOL! I want to bring him myself! :)

good luck, and all in due time mama, all in due time.
:hugs:

MrsS 09-09-2010 06:11 PM

The last few weeks of pregnancy are SOOO hard. The waiting, the wondering, the more waiting the more wondering....ughhh.

Sympathies!! I can't tell you when you'll go but they say once you think you'll be pregnant forever, the baby will come!

rosefall 09-09-2010 06:28 PM

I'm declining checks this time until 41 weeks, but with DS I was hardly dilated or effaced when they stripped my membranes at almost 41 weeks and he was born 18 hours later.